"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Surviving Spring Break #2

Spring Break day two we were going to go to the Dinosaur Park with a picnic with some friends.  However, it had rained all day on Monday and was a little on the cool side.  Also some of the trails at the Dino Park are dirt so they would have been really muddy.  We decided to just have lunch together at our house.  The kids had fun playing with their friends and I got some adult interaction with a good friend which was really nice!  Thanks Erin!  After lunch they went home and I got to packing up.  We were going to have a sleep over at G&G T's house.  Aaron is saving his vacation time so he had to work all week which meant I was on my own with five kids.  We got to G&G T's house in time for dinner and then bed.  The next morning we talked Grandma in taking the day off and spending it with us.  We used our Pass of All Passes and headed over to Trafalga for part of the day.  We started out on the go carts.  Sarah and I were driving partners:
 Josh and Daniel were driving partners:
 Grandma and Noah were driving partners:
 For whatever reason I didn't get a picture of Matthew, but Matthew was lucky enough to get his own car.

We got to the park the first thing in the morning so it wasn't busy and we got to do lots of things without a crowd.  Next the kids wanted to go on this little ride:
 Next we played some laser tag:
 We finally talked Noah into going on this ride with his siblings and he LOVED it!!
 The kids tried out this little boat ride.  Josh was a nice brother and made sure his siblings were buckled in.
 We tried out this plane ride.

 Then the kids went on this ride:
 After all this we tried out some mini golfing.  Again I was able to do about one hole and then ended up herding the crowd.  In the middle of the course, Noah decided to throw his ball into the water hazard.  I ended up precariously perched on the side of the lake trying to get it out.  I got it out, but a few more holes later he decided to throw it in again--the little stinker!!  That was it for mini golf.  After that we headed to Grandma's for lunch.  Three boxes of mac and cheese and two packages of ramen later we were ready to head out again.  My kids eat a ton if you can't tell!!  We headed over to the Trafalga Center in Orem.  There we tried mini golf again (with about the same results) and then we tried the XD theater.  It's where your seat moves along with the movie in 3D.  It's pretty fun.  Noah even got his own seat and glasses which he thought was pretty fun.
 After spending a couple hours there, we headed to the dollar theater (good ole Movies 8) and saw the movie Wreck it Ralph.  Grandma and I came home completely exhausted to say the least.  We had dinner and then everyone went to bed.  About five minutes later Noah came out saying he needed lubs as well as Daniel.  They would only go to bed when the adults did so that meant they were super ornery the next day.  The next day we came home and fed the missionaries for dinner.  The poor missionaries didn't know what hit them!!  One poor guy was from France and the other from Minnesota.  I have to say meal time is not our best time because none of our kids are very patient and have a hard time waiting to get their own food.  That means that for the first 10 minutes of the meal everyone is screaming until they get all their food.  That put the missionaries at a loss for words which I can't say as I blame them.  Anyway the rest of the meal went ok.  Josh brought up some 'interesting' topics of conversation that probably shouldn't be discussed at the table, but what can you do?!

The next day, Friday, was my sweet Bubba's 3rd birthday.  What a sweet guy!
 Thankfully it was Aaron's Friday off so he was able to help me out for the day.  We started out by heading over to the Driver's License Division since my driver's license had expired the week before.  Whoops!  Oh well after two hours of waiting Aaron and I were able to renew our licenses and be on our way.  I was a little nervous about passing the eye exam, but I seemed to pass it kind of.  Oh well I can see well enough I guess....Anyway afterward we went to celebrate Noah's birthday.  We headed over to this really neat park in Pleasant Grove.  The kids had lots of fun playing on all the different play structures.  Josh's favorite was the spinny tire swing.  There was an older girl there spinning her siblings on it and Josh went and joined in the party.  He went on that swing a TON!!  When it was time to leave the park he wasn't feeling so well.  On the way to G&G T's house we had to pull over to the side of the road so he could hurl.  YUCK!!  We made it to G&G T's house, but Josh didn't make it to the toilet and ended up throwing up again on the floor.  Double YUCK!!  Poor kid.  G&G T had agreed to watch the kids so Aaron and I could go on a date.  So when G&G T got home from work away Aaron and I went leaving Josh still looking a little green.  Thankfully he didn't throw up again.  I don't think he will be trying out the spinny tire swing again for a little while.  I thought he would have learned his lesson since the same thing happened to him two years ago, but I was wrong.

Anyway Aaron and I went on a much needed date.  We grabbed some dinner and then headed over to reminisce on BYU campus.  Next we headed to the bookstore.  We love going to bookstores, but usually we aren't able to go since trying to herd 5 kids through a bookstore is not fun at all.  Next we headed over to Trafalga and tried out some mini golf, laser tag and the go carts.  It was fun.  Here we are getting ready to race:
 The next day we decided to celebrate Noah and Josh's birthdays at Chuck-E.-Cheeses.  When we got there each adult took a kid and we were off.  I was in charge of Sarah and Noah.
 Grandpa got Matthew:
 Grandma got Josh:
 Aaron got Daniel:
 Sarah and Noah found the carousel and stayed here forever.
 However, after a few go arounds Noah decided it was more fun to put the token in the slot than it was to ride.  He refused to get on and insisted on standing by the slot until it was time to put in the next token.  What a weirdo!
 Here Matthew, Sarah and Noah converged and squished in to all have a ride at the same time.
 Then it was time to eat.  Amazingly enough we almost all fit into one booth.
 Here's Josh and Noah's cakes.  Noah loves cars so that's what he got.  Josh loves BYU so that's what he got.
 Time to blow out the candles for Noah:
 Time to blow out the candles for Josh:
 After opening the presents we had to finish of the rest of our tokens.  Matthew even though he is getting so big he still insisted on riding the tiny carousel.
 Finally we made it back home.  Here's Noah playing with one of his presents--a car mat.  He also got a Hot wheels race track that he loves.
Now I am at home and exhausted after having a very busy Spring Break.  It was a fun week, but I think it will take a few days for me to recover.  Good thing Spring Break only comes once a year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment