The other day I was cleaning up the morning chaos and things got a little too quiet. I came to the kitchen to see what the two youngest were up to. I found they had gotten into the Poptarts and had gotten drinks. They were sitting at the counter with their drinks, eating their Poptarts (with Sarah in her dress ups)and giving Ariel a bath in Sarah's cup. Basically just an average crazy day at the Mancil home.
Friday at Josh and Daniel's school they had a 'Break the Rules Day'. I HATE this day! It is a fundraiser for the school they have every year. They have a list of rules you get to break if you pay a dollar per rule to break them. The rules were chewing gum at school (of course I had to provide the gum), crazy hair (I had to make their hair crazy), wearing pajamas to school, drinking soda with their lunch (I had to again provide the soda), and the last rule was sitting in the Principal's chair for five minutes pretending to be the principal. That last rule was a mega rule so they charged $5 for that chance which I told my kids they couldn't do. Now since my kids wanted to break all the other rules they needed money. Lucky for them both of them they had just lost teeth so they had a couple of dollars from the Tooth fairy, but they needed a few more for the other rules. Heeee-heeee (that's my evil laugh) I made them earn those dollars by doing extra chores--so maybe break the rule day wasn't so bad, but it still isn't my most favorite day of the year. I just think it's a complete rip off, but that's just me.
As you can see they did have crazy hair from Daniel's pillow pet. Daniel wore his hair crazily and we colored it blue, but it all wore off on Daniel's poor pillow pet. They still had fun on Break the Rules day even if they weren't able to break all the rules.
Speaking of the Tooth Fairy, Josh and Daniel have figured her out and try to outsmart me. They both lost teeth the same day so lucky for them the Tooth Fairy visited them that night. The next morning they got up extra early and took the money out of the Tooth Fairy jar. When I came out of my room and asked them if the Tooth Fairy came they looked at me and told me that she had not--the little poops! After giving them the evil eye they finally confessed that she had come and that they had gotten their money. Maybe she shouldn't come anymore after that episode! Matthew lost a tooth last week as well. Unfortunately, the Tooth Fairy had some Alzheimer's that night and forgot to come. Matthew was quite disappointed, but she came the next morning which made him quite elated! That dang Tooth Fairy needs to get her act together!
We finally got around to dyeing Easter eggs Friday afternoon. I tried to pick up a spill proof dying kit, but it didn't quite work out as expected. The spill proof containers ended up being kid proof as well. DOH!! I had to help everyone put their eggs in and out of the spill proof container which ended up dying my hands/fingers a pretty dark color. I was sporting some lovely dark blue and purple fingers at church that week--It was quite lovely. Oh well the kids had fun and that's all the matters right?!
The next morning was the annual Clinton City Easter Egg Hunt. Of course since we had children of all ages Aaron and I had to divide and conquer. I had the camera with me so I only was able to get a picture of Noah and his bag before it started. He was happy to be there despite it being a little chilly.
It was interesting because Matthew and Josh had to go by themselves since they were in the oldest age group. We were a little nervous leaving them by themselves, but they did great. Aaron went with Sarah and Daniel to their area to supervise them. You know how they have the biggest prizes in the very middle to tempt the kids. Josh and Daniel decided they wanted to go for the huge stuffed bunny in the middle instead of getting eggs. Unfortunately, they weren't successful in getting the bunny, but they decided that they won't ever try for it again because it was stupid anyway. It was funny to hear them talk afterward.
After that Easter Egg Hunt we headed over to Sonic's Drive In's Easter Egg Hunt. Unfortunately, Aaron and I actually obeyed the rules and only let our kids pick up eggs by themselves unlike the other parents who were scooping huge armfuls of eggs into their kids baskets. Really?! Oh well if they feel they need those eggs that badly they can have them. My kids only walked away with about one egg apiece. Oh well at least we were more successful at the Clinton City Egg Hunt.
That afternoon was G&G T's Easter Egg Hunt and Grandpa's birthday party. The kids had fun hunting for eggs with their cousins. Here's the cousins getting their egg bags and instructions from Grandma.
After the older cousins hunt was over it was time for the little tykes hunt. There is only two in this one Noah and Bree. However, Noah's brothers wanted to watch so they came over to see all the fun.
After the kids had their fun it was time for the adults. I didn't get any pictures, but it was fun. We got all kinds of prizes so it was fun. After the egg hunt we had a yummy birthday dinner for Grandpa T. After dinner we sang Happy Birthday to Grandpa, me and Johanna since our birthdays are all within 4 days of each other. Then Grandpa got to open his presents with lots of help from the grand kids as you can see:
After dinner Grandpa busted out his motor scooter. All the grand kids insisted on having rides.
While Josh and Daniel were waiting they found some yard stakes and had a sword fight with them. Typical boys!
Even Matthew insisted on having a ride even though he's as big as Grandpa T.
After Matthew's ride it was supposed to be Noah's turn. Noah was so scared he was going to be skipped that when he saw Grandpa coming closer he ran out into the road and did a face plant right on his nose. He gave himself a nice bloody nose, but he didn't care. He ran over and climbed on the scooter bloody nose and all ready to have his turn. He is one tough kid! I guess that's what being kid #5 will do to you.The next morning was Easter. Lucky for the kids the Easter Bunny found our house. Here's everyone waiting for Mom and Dad to give the signal for the kids to find their Easter Baskets. We have a rule in our house that you can't come up from your room until 7 am. So Sunday morning since the three oldest boys get up so dang early to pass the time until 7 am they decided to shower and get ready for church. Hey I am not complaining! There are worse ways to bide your time!
Noah just found his hidden Easter basket.
After finding and eating candy out of their Easter Baskets it was time to go to church. We sat in front of some friends for sacrament meeting. As soon as we sat down Sarah turned around and introduced them to Noah (even though they already know who he is) by saying really loudly so everyone around us could hear, "This is Bubba. He poops his pants!" It was really awesome (not really).
Oh I have been dreading this past week something fierce! It was Spring Break which means no school all week long. Of course my kids are spoiled and expect me to entertain them all week long. With five kids that is really exhausting to say the least, but we had a fun filled week. We started out by going to Hollywood Connection Monday afternoon. We got these Pass of All Passes at Christmas time and they get us in to a lot of different places and we have really used them! So we used them at Hollywood Connection Monday. An added bonus was they were offering free hotdogs and salad for Spring Breakers--Saweet!!
Here are Sarah and Matthew trying out the carousel:
Here are the kids waiting in line for the roller coaster: I LOVE Matthew's shirt. Every time he wears it we get many comments. This time a lady came over and said she loved his shirt. She also told me that she has a shirt for her son that says, "It is called autism not bad parenting!" I LOVED it. I will have to put that on the next batch of shirts I make for Matthew!Here's the magic bus ride the kids went on. The four oldest are sitting on the second row from the back. Aaron is sitting on the second row with Noah. I didn't go on because I don't do well with spinny rides.
The kids went on the bumper cars next. Sarah looks so little in her car. She had a hard time figuring out how to drive it, but she still had fun just sitting in the car like a big girl.
Here's Aaron, Matthew and Josh all trying to run in to each other:
Here's the balloon spinny ride. This was the only spinny ride besides the carousel I went on all night. I rode with Noah so he didn't care if we spun or not. Aaron rode with Josh and Daniel and they spun, and spun and spun some more. When Aaron got off he was pretty green. It was hard to hold back my laughter. Matthew and Sarah had fun riding together.
We even got to play mini golf. Here we are all waiting for our turn:
I got to play about two holes before I just had to give up on playing and just try to herd my family through the course without anyone straying onto someone elses' holes. It was a tough job!
I tried to sneak Noah onto the roller coaster, but he was to little so while everyone else went on the roller coaster Noah and I rode the carousel again.
Well that was day one of Spring Break down only four more to go......
No comments:
Post a Comment