We have been staying busy these last two weeks. I say that every time, but it is more often true than not. Anyway, two weeks ago Noah had his district level solo/ensemble performance. They did great! It was fun to watch them perform despite being super nervous.
The other night we were all watching some TV when Sarah fell asleep. Daniel was nice enough to carry her to bed. Speaking of Daniel he had a follow up Liver Clinic visit. They did labs and the results show that he definitely has Gilbert’s Syndrome--which is not a big deal. To make sure nothing else is going on with his liver the liver doctor wants to do a trial run off the Ursodiol for a month to see if there are any liver lab values that change. If they stay the same (minus the bilirubin which is ALWAYS high) then he doesn’t need to take the Ursodiol for the time being. This makes things a bit easier since he is currently filling out his mission papers. Here we are waiting to be seen. I love the views of the Salt Lake valley from Primary Children’s:
Daniel is not quite 6 feet yet, but he is still hoping there might still be a chance for him--haha!
After the visit Daniel had to get blood drawn. Since he HATES getting blood drawn he talked us into going out for breakfast to make up for it:
Matthew had his state Special Olympics competition two Saturdays ago down in Herriman. His poor team got completely annihilated in all three games they played. DOH!! Oh well they had a fun time getting to the state competition level. Here’s a few action shots of Matthew during his games:
They did earn a participation ribbon which he was pretty excited about, though.
We got the kids’ passports back in the mail this past week. Now we just need somewhere fun to go. I was surprised how fast they came!Sarah had a doctor’s appointment this past week. We always stop for a quick breakfast right after. She is a fun breakfast date!
Noah is enjoying his soccer season so far. They had pictures done after their last practice/game:
His team:Warm ups:
The poor guy while he was at practice a bird ended up pooping on his shirt. He came wandering over to us and I couldn’t figure out why until he showed me what happened. He tried to clean it off as much as he could, but it still left a mark behind. I am wondering if it will show up in his pictures...haha! Of all the things to happen....ewww! Noah is also doing spring track this year. He wasn’t very excited about it in the beginning, but he is coming to enjoy it. His first meet will be in a few weeks.
I love spending time together so it was a great present to me.
Later on that evening when all the kids finally got home we had some birthday cheesecake. I got to make a wish and blow out my candles before we ate it.
Aaron also got me an interesting present. I love to read. They have now come out with a Kindle stand and a remote page turner so you don’t have to freeze your hands off when you are trying to read. It is pretty nifty. So now when I can’t sleep at 3 am (which is very often) I can wrap myself up in the blankets and read my kindle without getting cold. It is something similar to this, but not as nerdy--or maybe it is--who knows?! Either way I think it is pretty cool.
It was a good birthday. I got to celebrate some more when Josh took me out for lunch the next day. He was a fun lunch date!
The Saturday before Easter the city youth council usually helps put on the city Easter egg hunt for all the kids in the city. However, this year they decided to do something different. Instead of doing an Easter egg hunt, they did an Easter egg Walk around the city park. Throughout the walk they had different stations set up that handed out the eggs--which is the part the youth council helped with. I am sad I don’t have any kids young enough to participate in the actual Easter egg hunt anymore. Anyway, I wonder how well the Easter egg walk was received. I think it would have been received well since it helped that everyone got a chance to get multiple eggs instead of just one or two. It was raining pretty hard that morning, but the youth council were troupers and stayed outside handing out eggs to everyone that came by despite the cold rain.
Easter was this past Sunday. The Easter Bunny came and hid everyone’s baskets. It took a bit but everyone finally found their baskets:
In their baskets they all got a tub of playdough. We had a sculpture contest. Everyone had to make their best bunny sculpture. Here’s everyone’s bunnies:We only had an hour long Sacrament Meeting for Easter. During that meeting they had the Priests and Teachers Quorums get up and sing a musical number in-between the speakers. That meant Daniel and Noah got to help sing. Noah also got the chance to teach the lesson in the Teacher’s Quorum the week before. I am always amazed because he was not nervous at all to teach. I wish I could be more like him. Teaching scares me!!
Here’s the birthday bunch:
Everyone getting loves before we left:
The next day started everyone’s (except Josh) Spring Break. We were lucky enough to get some Manti Temple open house tickets so that’s where we went Monday. We left early and got there around noon. The placed was PACKED!! We had to find parking a ways out. Luckily, a golf cart driver took pity on us and offered to drive us over to the end of the line. We all fit on the golf cart, but just barely. Sarah, Katie (Daniel’s girlfriend), Daniel sat on the back row. Aaron and I sat in the middle and Noah got to sit up front by the driver.
The temple was beautiful!
Once we got in line it was another 2 1/2 hour wait. It was a bit chilly so we are wearing jackets and sweatshirts over our church clothes. Don’t you love the fashion statement?!
Luckily it was mostly clear skies for us up until we got inside the temple. After that it started hailing/raining. We were lucky we missed it!
It was pretty.
This was the first time I had ever been inside the Manti Temple and it was pretty. The tour took us about 45 minutes to get through the whole temple. I am glad we went. It did take the whole day, but I feel like it was worth it. Once it is dedicated I would like to do an Endowment session sometime.
Matthew’s new Behavior Analyst reached out to me a few weeks ago. She asked if I would like to participate on their Human Rights committee as a parent representative. It is a committee that meets one every other month to review different individual’s restrictions with the corresponding justifications, and their future plans. They wanted a parent’s viewpoint to make sure each individual has the least restrictive plans/environment, but still help them to be safe and still be ethical. She asked me to do this when I had so much going on and I was overwhelmed. Aaron offered to go in my place which was a weight off my shoulders. He attended the first meeting last week. He said it was really interesting and he learned a lot. They said that Aaron and I could alternate meetings, attend together, or Aaron could attend by himself going forward. I think we will end up trying to do it together. I would love to help out in this capacity. The next meeting is in two months so we will see what is going on at that time.
I finally got Daniel to agree to get some senior pictures done. He did not want to get them done, but I finally talked him into it. A friend took them Tuesday morning. She sent a sneak pic yesterday. I hope the rest of them turn out as good as this one!
Daniel has been staying busy with friends. He did some paint balling last week. He came home and showed me all the welts on his back where he got hit. I love doing paint ball, but it does really hurt if you get hit! Daniel finally got around to asking his girlfriend to Prom. He dressed up in a chicken costume and ordered some Dino Nugget-chicken nugget looking pillows. Sarah helped him put it all together.
He took it over to Katie’s porch, set it all up and rang the doorbell. When her family answered the door he started playing the Chicken Dance song while he did the actions along to it. At the end he pulled out an egg from his pocket to make things more authentic--haha!
Sarah was nice enough to go along with him to help. Katie and her family thought it was hilarious.The poster says, “Will you be the chicken to my nugget at Prom?"
She hasn’t answered back, yet, but I am sure she is planning on going with him.
He did get a nice burn at work the other night. He will have a nice scar when that one heals. Ouch!
Josh is really enjoying his Microbiology class. He likes making all the different Petri dish experiments and getting yucky things to grow.
Daniel got some exciting news this week. We had a Utah State University business school ambassador come to our door to visit with Daniel, Aaron and me. Daniel got accepted into the Huntsman Scholar Program at Utah State. It is a special scholarship and undergraduate business/economics program at Utah State. The applicants were selected according to their academic record, leadership, entrepreneurial spirit, and creating value so Daniel was super excited he got selected. He will be assigned a professional mentor and will be put into a small 20 person cohort to go through the business program for individualized attention. They take the honors business classes throughout the program. The best part of the program is the special international trip he will get to take in his 3rd or 4th year to experience and learn about business abroad. He is so excited about that. I am proud of the hard work he has done to receive that special experience. The ambassador came to answer questions and to get Daniel excited for the business/finance program.
Noah got to spend the other morning with Grandpa T and go through their coins together. Noah loves doing that with Grandpa. With Grandpa T’s help he has been collecting pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Noah likes to look at all our spare change to see if he can find a year that he doesn’t have. It has been great.
Saturday Aaron got a shock. He had just seen the dentist the Thursday before and got his mouth really cleaned by the dental hygienist. Sarah offered him a Laffy Taffy Saturday morning and as soon as he bit into it something in his mouth cracked and he had bits of hard pieces in his mouth. He was afraid it was one of his teeth, but it ended up being his permanent retainer. It had broken off. Luckily all his teeth were still intact, but now he had some jagged pieces of glue still attached to his teeth. Our dentist was out of town all week so Aaron came along to Noah and my orthodontist appointment Tuesday morning and they were able to clean off the jagged pieces of glue off of his teeth. He was so glad because it was cutting up his tongue. He opted to not reattach his retainer so hopefully his teeth won’t shift too much. I am not worried since he has had that retainer glued in place for almost 30 years. I think his teeth are set....That was definitely a crazy thing that happened out of the blue.






Congrats on the scholarship! Also, I might have some good ideas on how to use those passports…
ReplyDelete