This past 10 days has been pretty crazy. I worked every single day except for Thursday. I only have one more week of work until I am done for this semester which will be nice. Thursday morning instead of working I got to take Daniel to his OIT up dose appointment. I am happy to report that he is now on cashew caplets instead of cashew flour. That might not sound like much but it does show he is making progress in overcoming his cashew allergy. He still has it least seven more months of treatment until he is fully over his cashew allergy but every step is one step closer. Yay! After updosing he has to wait 60 minutes to make sure he won't have a severe reaction. We made the most of our 60 minutes as you can see--haha!
Noah started baseball this week. We weren't going to sign him up this go around since he doesn't seem very interested in sports, but the mom of one of Noah's friends asked me to sign him up and to request that he and his friend be on the same team. I did that, but when the team roster came out it seemed that the other mom decided not to sign up Noah's friend--Doh!! Oh well at least Noah will get one more summer of baseball practice in. Here he is up to bat for the first time this season at their practice.


All the kids wanted to get their picture by the bird wingspan display:






We got to see a garter snake up close and personal. Josh was pretty interested.

Matthew, Noah, Sarah and Daniel were all pretty interested when they got to touch it:

Noah was absolutely fascinated by the snake. Enough so that the lady took him back and showed him the shed snake skin. Noah spent a good 15 minutes with her asking her all kinds of questions.

While we were waiting for Noah to finish asking all his questions, Sarah and Matthew made some bird masks.

Since Noah was so fascinated by the snake the lady also showed him their bull frogs as well:

They also had some salamanders we got to see as well:

Aaron was not enjoying his time at the bird refuge so he waited for us on the bench. As the kids had had their fill of interesting things they came out and joined him on the bench. Aaron was more than happy when it was time to leave. Have I ever mentioned that he hates birds?!

It was a good day, but I am hoping in the future Josh will be able to give me a little more warning about term end projects more than two days in advance...
Last week Aaron had a bad head cold and so he stayed home from church. While he was home he decided to make dinner. Of course that had to include smoking something. He went to warm up the smoker and after a few minutes it flared up and burned his hair, eyebrows and goatee. It was hard not to burst out laughing at church when he texted me these pictures in the middle of Sunday school--haha!
Poor guy. Good thing they will grow back eventually...
Last week Josh went to the Family History Center in Layton for a mutual activity. Josh looked up his ancestors and saw where they were all from. He was so interested he took pictures and texted them to us:
He also texted the map of where they came from:
Then he looked up different famous people to see how closely he was related to them. Here's were there results:
Of course he also looked up how closely he was related to the Studio C cast as well:
It was pretty interesting to see all the findings he looked up.
This past Sunday was Mother's Day. My most favorite things is getting the sweet presents the kids make for me at school or at church. Here's my crazy bed head picture when the kids brought me breakfast in bed:
If you give a man a fish he can eat for a day. If you teach your kids how to make pancakes you can sleep in on Mother's Day with your wife. Aaron is a pretty smart guy--haha! The kids made me breakfast in bed. Josh made the pancakes, Daniel microwaved the bacon, Sarah and Noah made the toast and Matthew gathered the syrup and presents.Breakfast on Mom and Dad's bed. Wahoo!
I am so grateful for these guys and for the opportunity to be their mom. I love my job!!
For dinner Aaron used his smoker to make sausage, shrimp and fries which were all pretty good. I am also happy to say he didn't burn off his eyebrows, eyelashes or hair this time--haha!
Daniel had his first game this week. They won which was awesome. Here's Daniel up to bat and Aaron as the 3rd base coach:
I had a good Mother's Day this year. One of my most favorite things about Mother's Day are the sweet homemade gifts from the kids.
Matthew made me a handprint hot pad:
Daniel made a sweet card and a poem for me:
Sarah made me a cute purse:
The inside she answered a bunch of questions about me. I love it!
Josh not only made me pancakes that morning, but a napkin holder from shop class:
Noah brought me home a flower:
He also wrote some stuff about me and put it in his own decorated envelope:
I even got a cute coupon book to go along with it, too.
Noah also made me a cute book. Here's the cover:
Stuff about me according to Noah:
My book even came with a cute bookmark made by Noah, too:
Here's Noah's mom paper he filled out in primary, too:
Sarah made me a heart bracelet and wrote me a sweet note to go along with it:
She added a few extra notes in, too which I loved!
Daniel filled in some answers with the paper they gave out in primary about moms:
Daniel also wrote me a sweet card that he gave me that morning:
Here's Sarah's mom paper from primary, too:
Aaron took the kids to help them pick out some flowers for me. They are so pretty. Hopefully I can keep them alive this summer!
While I was looking at my flowers I also noticed my Clematis blooming. They are so pretty, too!









Woohoo to getting rid a of dangerous allergy!! Good luck with that!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - those pictures of Aaron made me laugh. It is totally something that would happen to me! :)