We have stayed busy this week. I love with all the spring time rains we have quite a few dandelions around. Every time the kids come home from school (especially Noah) they pick flowers for me. To help them along they put them in some water and stick them in front of the window for sunlight. As you can see I am getting quite a nice collection in the window.
The other night Noah was up wandering around at 3 am. He came into our room and said he'd had a nightmare. While he was up wandering around he woke up Sophie who then started yapping because she thought she needed to go potty. Aaron got up to take Sophie out while I gave Noah lubs. However, Sophie wanted to play instead of potty. When Aaron tried to pick her up to bring her back inside she ran away from him and kept running away from him. It was a bit frustrating since she was yapping the whole time, too. Aaron was not amused. After about 15 minutes of trying to chase her down out in the backyard in his pajamas at 3am he finally caught her--the stupid dog! Luckily, Noah hasn't been wandering or having nightmares lately, though because if that happens you have to deal with him and the dog in the middle of the night which isn't fun for anyone!Last week Aaron had a night out with three of the kids. About 30 minutes later I was surprised by a knock at the door. It was a Jimmy Johns delivery guy. In getting ready to leave the house the kids had finished off all the leftovers for dinner so there wasn't anything for me to eat for dinner. I was ok with having cereal, but Aaron surprised me by ordering me a Jimmy Johns sandwich. That was a nice surprise and tasted better than cereal would have! I loved it!
Last week Matthew had a medication management appointment with his psychiatrist. In reviewing his latest lab results there was a result that was a little off. In trying to counteract this result and to try and get his other medication to work a bit better (he has been getting a bit aggressive with Aaron and I lately) we are starting a new medication. We are hoping to see results soon. I am so glad we have access to this kind of help. In reading about things online there have been some pretty sad stories so I am thanking my blessings that we have access to this type of help! Hopefully we can see some results soon!
Matthew's seminary class had a mini conference this week. They all dressed up one day. The teacher assigned different students talks, prayers, songs, etc. Matthew got the fun assignment to bring refreshments. He begged me every day leading up to the mini conference to go and get the treats. He was excited to pick out and bring the refreshments which ended up being Ding Dongs.
Josh's birthday was last week. Aaron went to pick up balloons, however, the store was out of helium so he ended up getting 13 donuts instead. Josh didn't complain because he is a donut lover. Lucky for Josh the morning of his birthday was Lumberjack club so he got to eat banana cream pancakes for breakfast. He then wanted to go to Wendy's for lunch so we checked him out on Aaron's lunch hour and went to lunch with Josh. He loved it.
That evening we celebrated Josh and Noah's birthday at Pizza Pie Cafe. It was nice because the kids were able to eat until they were full and I didn't have to cook or do dishes--It was a win-win situation all around!
Josh wanted an ice cream cake sot that's what he got.
I can't believe that I now have two teenagers!!
Last Saturday it was such a nice day that we decided to go down and see all the beautiful flowers on Temple Square. We stopped by to see the model of the temple:
We have some spring fever going on!
The flowers were so beautiful! Some of the tulip flowers were as big as the kids' heads. The kids loved to stop and smell the flowers for real!
Temple Square is so pretty!
There were flowers everywhere!
We tried to get a selfie, but trying to squeeze 7 people in one shot is a bit difficult--haha! Here's the best one we got:
They even had the neat fountain turned on.
Last Wednesday Daniel and Sarah had a soccer game at the same time. Luckily they both play at the same park. However, that afternoon the clouds looked pretty gray. It started sprinkling when we got there. We got there early for pictures so I had time to run back home and grab some warmer clothes for the kids before the actual game started. By the time their soccer games started it really started raining hard. Our seats were by Sarah's game. When Sarah had a time out period we walked over to watch Daniel's game for a minute. When we got back both our chairs had puddles of water on them.
Poor Sarah was goalie. She was a trooper, though. Aaron went to help her and you can see they are both cold and very wet.
By the time the hour long games were over we were all just saturated and shivering, but I think they had fun despite the rain.
Last Thursday I got to chaperone one of Daniel's field trips to the State Capitol and the Museum of Natural History down in Salt Lake City. We first started at the museum. They had made a lot of changes since the last time we visited so it was fun to see all the new stuff. They had a table set up where you could see how rivers can form canyons. I had four kids in my group and they loved playing in the water and making dams.
The visit to the Capital building was pretty fast because we got there later than we were supposed to. After eating a quick lunch we walked around and tried to see all the things we were supposed to. This picture sums up what our group was like--haha!
One of Josh's birthday presents was a Raspberry Pi kit. Raspberry Pi is a credit card size computer that enables people to learn how to program. It plugs into a TV or a computer monitor and uses a regular keyboard. Aaron has been helping Josh learn how to program things. The first project they did was making a LED light bulb flash on and off.
Last Thursday afternoon things got a bit too quiet. A few minutes later Noah and Sarah came walking out of the bathroom with an uncapped Sharpie marker. Noah let Sarah draw on his face and then when she was done he finished up the masterpiece. Did I mention this was with a Sharpie permanent marker?! Yep, he went to school like that Friday and to church like that Sunday. Luckily, by this morning you could only see a few of the dots because the others had worn off. I thought we were past this stage! Crazy kids!! I got a bit upset and asked why they did that. I guess that upset Noah and his chin started quivering. I felt bad. He really has mastered that sad look! Good thing I love him polka dots and all!
Noah has a few loose teeth, but hasn't lost any yet. He had a blanket in his mouth Sunday night when all of a sudden he yelled, "MY TOOTH!" He had pulled a bit on the blanket and his front bottom tooth fell right out. He was pretty upset because he saw the blood, but afterward he got pretty excited to get a visit from the Tooth Fairy. If you look close you can see some of his left over polka dots from earlier--the crazy kid!
He even wrote the Tooth 'Very' a sweet note that said, "Tooth Very I love you That is for the Tooth Very" and he drew an arrow to the tooth. It was pretty sweet. When he went to bed that night we told him the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come if he was awake. That was the first time in a long time that he went to bed and stayed in bed after getting tucked in. He didn't want to make it so the Tooth Fairy wouldn't come--haha! The Tooth Very wrote back and told him thanks for the tooth. He was pretty excited to get his money the next morning!
Saturday we had a family day at Lagoon. It was a bit chilly, but it was still fun.Sophie can cuddle sometimes. Saturday night she cuddled next to Matthew while we had movie night. We watched the movie The Great Outdoors. The kids seemed to like it even though when it started Sarah asked us, "Is this movie old?" because the credits were old style. I guess 1988 is now considered old time movies now--DOH!
Noah has always loved numbers--whether it is counting, naming, subtracting, adding, etc. The other day he really surprised me, though. We have a flash card app on the iPad which he was playing with. Without me even paying attention he was doing addition. When I looked over I was surprised he was doing addition with the 20+ numbers. I was pretty impressed!
My Christmas present this year was a Roomba vacuum. I LOVE it especially with the hard wood floor on the main level it really helps keep it clean. However, Sophie HATES it. It is programmed to go off every morning after the kids go to school and she goes berserk the whole time it runs.
No comments:
Post a Comment