Don't you just love finding random pictures on your phone? I found this one just this morning:
Thanks, Daniel. Speaking of Daniel things have been going all right at the school. However, he came home a bit upset yesterday. In music class the teacher announced to everyone that they won't be doing fun days with treats anymore because of Daniel and his allergies. After the music teacher said that all the kids turned and gave dirty looks to Daniel. Really?! Hasn't this poor kid been through enough without being singled out yet again over something he really can't help?! **Sigh**
It is finally sinking in that Noah is my last kid at home during part of the day. It makes me sad to think that all my kids will be in all day school next year :(. I am having a bit of an identity crisis since taking care of kids is what I have done straight for 14 years. I am a bit sad that this chapter of my life is coming to a close. So in trying to cope I am trying to enjoy my last few weeks of having a kid at home in the afternoons. Last week we took a day and went to feed the ducks.
As soon as we pulled up the ducks knew we were there to feed them and followed us around until we sat down on the bench. I felt like the Pied Piper--haha!
Afterward we headed over to the park to play. We are loving the few warm days intermingled with the cold, rainy ones.
We have been taking Sophie for walks in the afternoons, too. I walk/run while Noah rides his bike. Noah is getting good at riding his bike that most of the 'walk' I have to jog beside him just to stay with him. At least I am getting some good exercise in.
Josh got his honor roll certificate last week. For all the honor roll kids they have an assembly at school to honor them. Josh has been to all three so far, but has been disappointed he hasn't won any of the drawings they have had. Hey I am just glad he is been on the honor roll especially with his 4.0 this last semester. He made sure I didn't forget my promise of his $20 for getting a 4.0. He reminded me multiple times a day until I got so sick of hearing about it I just paid him--haha!
Soccer is still happening here. With three kids in soccer we usually have at least 1 if not 2 games a day. It has been crazy trying to coordinate schedules, but it has been fun to see their progress. Noah (who is number 10) is actually trying to kick the ball occasionally this season instead of laying down on the field. Wahoo!! It's the little things that get me excited--haha!
Last week I was able to be a parent chaperone for another of Daniel's class field trips. This was an interesting one. We first went to The Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve in Layton then we stopped by the USU Botanical Center in Kaysville. The morning of the field trip things can get pretty hectic because not only do I have to get all 5 kids ready for the day including packing lunches, backpacks, and getting dressed I also have to be ready to go as well. While I was trying to get everything done Daniel surprised me by packing everyone's lunches including mine. It was really sweet. He even knew to include my Coke Zero for lunch. What a smart boy--haha! It was a really nice surprise! When we left on the field trip all the kids rode the bus and the parents drove in private cars. We first met up at the Shorelands in Layton. I had never been there before so it was fun to see it for the first time. It is a mile long board walk through just a very small portion of the wetland area. On our walk we got to see what a marsh area was and learn about the life cycle of the different plants and animals in that particular area. In the middle of the walk there was a huge look out tower where you could have 360 degree views of the wetlands. It was really pretty! Here's Daniel and me on top of the look out tower:
I had four kids in my group. There were two boys and two girls. The girls didn't really want to hang around the boys so we weren't together too much. I just had to make sure I could see them at all times, though. Here's Daniel's friend Luke who was in our group as well as ward and neighborhood:
Along our walk we ran into an interesting hippie guy. He was walking around ringing two cymbals in his hands and saying he was the god of the wetlands. He seemed to be 'under the influence' of something (if you know what I mean) and kept trying to talk over the tour guide while she was trying to teach us. She got a bit frustrated. Luckily, after a few minutes he just moved along singing a weird song and ringing his finger cymbals down the trail.
Afterward we stopped by the Botanical Center where we had lunch and then learned about different animal and plant adaptations to the environment as well as how to keep our wetlands clean and safe. It was a fun field trip. I am glad I was able to go and that Daniel actually wanted me there :). I was also glad that G&G T were able to pick up and watch Noah from school so I could go. Noah was so excited to be picked up by G&G T. He asked every day if they were picking him up that day and was disappointed when the answer was no. When it finally was that day he was ecstatic! Now he is just stuck with boring old mom to pick him up the rest of the days.
Daniel's teacher sent home these giant thank you notes after each field trip. I thought that was really sweet!
She had all the kids sign it, too.
Wednesday evening Aaron and I had to divide and conquer. Daniel had scouts and soccer and Sarah had dance and soccer, too. I had young men and young women I had to attend and take Josh and Matthew to. It was a crazy night because everything overlapped everything else. That night for mutual we had a combined talent show. Josh chose to play the trumpet and did pretty well:
Matthew chose to play the piano. I only was able to get a picture of him running back to his seat after he played. He was pretty excited.
While I was at mutual Aaron took the other kids to all the places they had to be. After dance and scouts Sarah and Daniel had soccer games at the same time. Aaron tried to split his time between them. During Sarah's game a bigger boy on the opposing team got upset and decided to kick Sarah in the thigh with his cleats on even though the ball wasn't anywhere near them. Aaron wasn't very happy. Sarah got a nice black bruise on her thigh from that kick :(. Later on in the game Sarah and another girl banged their heads together by accident. Needless to say Sarah had a rough night. To help ease a sad girl Aaron decided to take his set of kids for ice cream. There weren't any complaints. Ice cream makes anything better, right?!
The next day was pretty crazy, too. Josh had an appointment to get his allergy shots done that morning. We took care of that right after getting all the other kids to school. After getting the shots Josh told me that because he got two shots he needed a treat--haha! We stopped by Fiiz and got him a cookie to ease his sorrow. After that we had to check out Daniel from school and take Daniel and Josh to the orthodontist for an appointment. Daniel has had a broken bracket for about a month which really needed to be fixed. Josh just had a regular appointment. The appointment happened to land during their lunch time so before I took them back to school we had a quick lunch together before I checked them back into school. A couple hours later Josh had his first track meet. He ran the 1600 meter run which is a mile race. I was glad Aaron and I as well as G&G T were able to be there to cheer him on.
Every night Noah loves to pull a book from the bookshelf in the family room. I don't know why he does this because most books he picks are not ones he can read. For example the other night he pulled the dictionary out, carried it to his room to stack at the foot of his bed while he slept. What a crazy kid. He has quite the collection of books in there, too. It ranges from Harry Potter to the Hunger Games, to a Hymn Book, etc. There is no rhyme or reason to his choices. I think he just wants books to stack at the foot of his bed. However, the other night I went to check on him before I went to bed and was glad to see that he finally got a book he could read and fell asleep with that. What a crazy kid!!
This last Friday night the scouts had a camp out. One of the leaders in our ward has a huge backyard that they camped out in. I was a bit nervous for Josh because that night was supposed to be stormy and really windy. Luckily, Josh is a pretty easy sleeper so it didn't keep him awake most of the night. The next morning he was excited to eat the donuts for breakfast and then come home and have cereal for second breakfast at our house. Seriously where does that kid put all that food?! Here's some of the scouts that went:
Saturday morning Daniel had a cub scout hike up to Waterfall Canyon. What brave cub scout leaders!! Here's the crazy boys that went:
Still hiking. The hike is 2.4 miles round trip with an elevation change of 1500 feet.
It is a pretty hike. I have hiked it at a different time so I have actually been there before.
While Josh and Daniel were gone Saturday morning on their scouting stuff I had an appointment to get Sophie microchipped. We went and checked in. I was curious to see how Sophie would react. She was a bit shy of everyone, but didn't bark hardly at all. She didn't cry at all when they stuck the chip behind her front shoulder blade with the needle. When I got home we registered her online so hopefully if she ever gets lost we can get her back again.
Sunday Josh was called and set apart as a 2nd counselor in the Deacons Quorum. He was pretty excited. After they set him apart he stood up to shake everyoness' hands and gave Aaron a hug. That's when I noticed that Josh is gaining on Aaron in height. When we got home I had them stand back to back. Holy cow!! Aaron is 6'1"! Josh is the tallest 13 year I know!!
There were more soccer games yesterday. Sarah had a practice and Daniel had an actual game despite the heavy rain. Good thing I was able to get a close parking spot so I could still watch the game and stay dry from inside the car!! Daniel is the dark blue jersey player with the long dark blue socks and hood on. They both played the whole hour. When we got home they were both pretty wet as well as Aaron who watched part of Sarah's practice in the rain.
In other happenings have I mentioned that I hate calls from the school?! I have gotten two just this week from different kids who have forgotten their lunches at home. DOH!! I wasn't home to bring one lunch in so Daniel had to eat school lunch which is his first time ever to do so. I had to take Sarah's in this morning. I think my kids would forget their heads if they weren't attached sometimes!
In keeping up with fun things right when we got home from soccer yesterday Noah came out of the bathroom and announced that the sink wouldn't drain. Aaron went to check it out to find that someone (meaning Noah) had torn up an old toilet paper roll and gotten it soaking wet. Then he had jammed it down the drain where it clogged everything up. What parts of the wet toilet paper roll that didn't get stuffed down the drain got majorly stuck on the inside of the sink as you can see. It's a good thing I love my kids!! It's a good thing Aaron loves Noah, too, because he had to take apart the drain and the plug to get out all the toilet paper roll parts. He was not very happy. Good thing Noah has perfected his puppy dog eyes so Aaron couldn't stay mad at him--the stinker!!
No comments:
Post a Comment