I am still trying to catch up on this months happenings since we have had problems with the computer and my phone, too. Ugh!! Anyway, a few weeks ago I took the kids on a hike where we were supposed to see some heiroglyphics. The first part of the trail I took a wrong turn and we had hiked pretty far before I realized it. When we turned around and got on the right trail the kids were about hiked out. Luckily we made to a cool bridge and a small waterfall before the kids were DONE. I did manage to take a picture of the kids in front of the small waterfall before we turned around to go back to the car:
Last week we had a Girl's Camp afterparty. It was fun to watch the movie with all our pictures of girls camp in it. We had a lot of fun up at camp. At the end of the movie Liz and I were presented with a basket of goodies to say thanks from the girls for planning girls camp. It was so awesome and sweet!! I LOVED it!! One of the goodies was a package of nylons with a picture of Liz and me on it. Let me explain the picture--the first week after camp Liz and I were in charge of planning the activity for combined Young Women. We decided to do our camp obstacle course that we didn't get a chance to do up at camp. Unbeknownst to Liz and I we got our pictures taken as we were demonstrating the nylon tug of war--Oh myyyy!
The obstacle course started out with a three legged race as the first leg. The second leg involved a toilet paper race where you had to line up with your group and roll out a roll of toilet paper alternating between everyone's head and in between everyone's legs. You had to get through everyone without breaking the roll of toilet paper. The last leg of the race was the nylon tug of war. You cut off the toes of a pair of nylons and fit the ends over two competing peoples' faces. Then you had to pull to try and get your opponent over the line. It was a good time filled with funny faces and laughs.Anyway, our goody basket was amazing and thoughtful! Our YW theme is Embark this year. To go along with the girls camp theme they got us a compass pillow:
We also got thank you cards and a Swig gift card:
We got some candy with cute sayings. Here's the saying that went with a pack of Mentos:
This went with some Laffy Taffy:
I loved my basket of thoughtful, cute and yummy goodies!!
I also had this picture of Josh and Easton, our neighbor, who wanted to try out the nylon tug of war so they could earn some cookies. Haha!! Josh is on the left:
We played at the park for a while and then it was time to come home again.
I had some free bowling passes we went and used. It was crazy handing the employee five coupons for all the kids. The girl just looked at me and said, "That's a lot of coupons!" I just laughed and agreed!
Noah:
Sarah:
Daniel:
Josh:
Matthew:
Josh has had summer band camp for the last two weeks. At the end of the two weeks they put on a concert. The brass played Hot Cross Buns. You know you are a family of boys when you hear so many jokes about that song on the way to the concert, during the concert and on the way home again. Poor Sarah, however, she thought it was just as funny as the boys all did. Josh is fourth from the left in the picture:
Up at Camp Neuro Revolution Josh learned how to make Duck Tape wallets. While Aaron and I were gone on our anniversary he taught G&G T how to make them, too. This last week he decided to teach Sarah, Daniel and Noah how to make them, too. He's pretty proud of all his wallets.
We went to Lagoon last Friday. While we were there, there was a Coke-a-Cola tent set up giving out free coke. Of course the kids HAD to stop--I didn't mind stopping, either, though. They all got to pick what flavor they wanted and drink it. They thought that was pretty neat.
Saturday was the Davis County Fair. We went and checked it out. In the kids area they had a bubble station where you could blow bubbles with different wands:
They had a ball station set up with tubes and air. You put the balls in the tubes and watch them get blown through the whole tent. Daniel and Matthew liked that station:
They had a reptile theme, too, just like Weber did. Everyone got to hold a 50 pound snake if they wanted to. Here's Daniel:
Matthew:
Noah:
Sarah:
They also had smaller snakes and turtles you could hold, too:
I took a turn with the 50 pound snake. It was heavy!
Sarah and Noah did pony rides:
We also got to watch a tiger show:
Then we went and saw the petting zoo which everyone loved:
The bunny was so soft:
Josh didn't go to the fair with us because he was at a campout. The scouts went up to Strawberry Reservoir and caught crawdads/crayfish and ate them. Josh had a lot of fun. Someone even bet him to eat a crawdad head for $5. Josh was pretty proud to show us his $5 bill when he got home--gross!!
Sarah's birthday was Sunday. She requested spaghetti and meatballs for her birthday dinner. She also wanted an ice cream cake, too. Here's how her cake turned out (It tasted a lot better than it looked!):
She was excited to blow the candles out:
She got some new earrings and clothes for school. She also got a Lego set she has been playing with for the last few days. She's pretty creative!
Last night we headed over to Lagoon for FHE. We had lots of fun. Here's the kids on the train:
We also got our old west family picture taken. The kids were supposed to be serious, but I don't know if Noah knows what that means....
Here's how the rest of the them turned out (they are supposed to be printed out in Sepia so that's why none of the colors match to anything!)
I have to say the first one is one of my favorites because it sums up what living in our chaotic family is like:
It was a fun night!
Summer is winding down and school is starting soon! I can't believe it. This summer seems to have flown by! Josh will be starting Jr. High this year which is crazy. He went to a Warrior Camp yesterday which was just for newly entering 7th graders. It was a two hour camp to show the new 7th graders around the school and tell them what school will be like. It was just for 7th graders and no parents. It was so weird to drop Josh off alone for something like that!! He came home excited so I guess it was a fun camp. I hope everyone has a good year this year!
There is never a dull moment at your house!! I LOVE the old fashioned pictures. Maybe someday I can convince my family to do those!! I still have the one that we did years & years ago at Lagoon. :)
ReplyDeleteAlso - yuck, snakes! You guys are much braver than me!