Noah is finishing up his preschool soon so they did some graduation pictures. They turned out pretty cute--although I may be a bit biased :).
Last Friday was Lady's Night. It was nice to get out and visit with adults! We had an ice cream Sunday bar which was yummy. IT was nice to catch up with everyone. We then played a bunch of games. It was a lot of fun. I didn't get home until 1 am, but it was worth the sleep deprivation just to get out!
I thought we were past the 'things are too quiet' phase, but alas, I was mistaken. While things were a bit too quiet last week, Noah let Sarah draw all over him with a green marker. Thankfully, it wasn't a permanent marker, but it still took a bit of scrubbing to get all of it off before church!
I got to substitute for Noah's primary class last Sunday. Wow, even with only four kids I was still outnumbered. Noah is a bit of a handful. I hat is off to his regular teachers is all I will say!! It was still fun, though. Josh got to pass the sacrament for the first time, too last week. He did really well. It is crazy to see him and Matthew up there passing the sacrament! Yesterday they both got to be companions to pick up Fast Offerings, too.Noah is quite the comedian. He found one of Sarah's dolls combs the other day. He grabbed it and started combing his hair while singing, "If you're happy and you know it, comb your hair!" He would then just giggle. What a crazy kid!
Last week Sarah lost a tooth. When she put her tooth in the Tooth Fairy Jar she also wrote the Tooth Fairy a sweet note.
We have been reading the book Silverlicious where the main character loses her tooth, but it was her sweet tooth so she couldn't taste anything sweet. So in Sarah's note it said, "Dear toothFairy Would you send me something sweet?" I guess she was worried she lost her sweet tooth, too. Sarah also wanted to know the Tooth Fairy's name. Too bad the Tooth Fairy took two days to reply--whoops! Sarah was starting to get a bit upset, but then the Tooth Fairy came through and things were all right in the world again. I am happy to say Sarah didn't lose her sweet tooth, but just to make sure she did get some candy in addition to a dollar from the Tooth Fairy.
Thursday the first grade had a field trip to a farm. I got to come along as a parent volunteer which was fun--minus the bus ride, however. Things are so loud on those buses especially with a bunch of chatty 1st graders! Here's our little group that I was in charge of:
We had lots of fun learning about where all of our food and clothes come from. When we got back from the morning field trip it was time to pick up Noah from preschool. After lunch Noah wanted to go for a bike ride so we did. We went over to the park and he played for a long time with some other kids. I didn't mind because it was such a beautiful day!! However, at one point he decided that stuffing his ears full of wet sand was a good idea. It was quite the mess, but he still had fun. He packed so much sand in his ears I bet there is still sand in them. Despite that I still really love Springtime!
Last week we were all out of bread so I had to make some more. However, we were all out of flour, too so I had to grind some more. When you grind flour it gets a fine dusting of it all over the counter. Well when I turned around I saw Daniel's name in the flour dust. I asked Daniel why he did that when he told me that he hadn't. Josh had written Daniel's name in it to try and get him in trouble. What a stinker!
Last week Josh had his orchestra Monster Concert. It was a pretty big group, too! They got all the orchestras from 5 different elementary schools together to perform. Here's Josh waiting to start the concert:
Here's a small clip from the concert:
Throughout the year in orchestra the students passed off different things to earn different colors of belts or yarn to tie onto their instrument. The teacher used the karate system of colored belts so they all started off passing off their yellow belt up to their black belts. Josh was excited when he earned his black belt (yarn) about a month ago. All the students even got a certificate and a donut party the next day. That was Josh's favorite part--the donuts.
The other day I saw this comic and it made me laugh because it is so applicable in my family.
My kids find all kinds of weird things to fight about all the time. Since there is this comic about it I don't think this problem is only with my family, either. Sigh....
Daniel started baseball last week. This is the first year Aaron has not volunteered to coach Daniel's baseball team. Aaron is actually liking being able to sit back and watch and enjoy the games instead of trying to wrangle a team.
Aaron had to take Sarah and Noah along to the game with him Wednesday night. They entertained themselves by finding a group of kids to play with. They all built a pretend campfire to roast pretend smarsmallows and hot gogs according to Noah.
Here's their pretend campfire:Pretty creative imaginations!
Josh had his very first camp out without a parent with him Friday night. He was so excited to go. Aaron and I were nervous for him, but he wasn't scared at all. Here he is with all his gear that Noah was more than happy to help model:
Josh made it home bright and early the next day and all in one piece. He said he had lots of fun, too. He even brought home some extra donuts to share, however, they had been dropped on the ground had had quite a bit of dirt all over them. Surprisingly enough they didn't get eaten. I guess all the dirt was a little more than my kids could handle which was funny.
Later on in the day we all went to a child health and safety fair down in Farmington. They had all kinds of different booths set up you could visit. Some of the booths had different games or prizes for kids which my kids all loved. They got to play Plinko at one:
Josh and Daniel even got their hair painted green at a different booth.
That wasn't the best thing to do because it took two different showers to get the green out before church the next day and even after that they still had hints of green in their hair. DOH!!
Josh was all about checking out all the booths to see what prizes they offered. However, I don't think this particular booth, The Breastfeeding Coalition, had a whole lot he was interested in. What a crazy kid!
Sarah got to meet Elsa:We even got to get a close up view of the Life Flight helicopter. They were even more interested in it when they found out that Matthew got to take a ride in one of these as a patient about 13 years ago.
They all got a chance to try spraying a Fireman's hose which was interesting. They had a target they had to knock off a cone about 30 feet away which was harder than it looked!
We even got to watch Life Flight take off which was cool to see close up:
Of course, Sarah, Noah and Daniel had to try out the blow up slide. Matthew and Josh were too big to try it out, though:
That afternoon after the health fair Aaron decided it was Daniel's turn to learn how to mow the lawn. Daniel was not happy about it. I have not heard so much whining in a long time. The backyard proved to be more than he could handle so Aaron had him do the front yard which he was able to complete with a bit of help. Afterward he demanded to get paid. Unfortunately, our rule states you have to complete the whole yard if you want to get paid. Despite that Daniel was still pretty proud of getting the front yard done. In other yard work we replaced four of the trees that died in the past year. Getting the dead trees out of the ground was a lot harder than getting them in the ground in the first place. Hopefully, these new trees will be able to survive because we don't want to have to replace them again.
That night we had some friends over for a dinner and game night. It was so much fun. Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs always are a hit! The Einzingers all have kids the same ages as ours so everyone has a playmate which is fun. It was nice to have some adult conversation and game playing, too.
However, the next morning was pretty hard to get everyone up and ready for church since they all got to bed around 11:30 pm and had to get up at 7:30 am for church. Needless to say everyone was 'Chuckles' or incredibly ornery! Especially when I had to send Josh and Daniel back down to shower again to try and wash our their green hair. While I was getting all the kids ready (Aaron was at a meeting so I was trying to do this solo) I was brushing Sarah's teeth. In brushing them one of the front ones popped right out. I had no idea her tooth was that loose! I tried to get her to spit the tooth out, but she swallowed it. She was worried about if the Tooth Fairy would be able to visit even if she didn't have a tooth. Last night she wrote the Tooth Fairy this note:
It said, "I swallowed my tooth what should I do? Love Sarah" She even left the Tooth Fairy some gifts a piece of felt and some string. It was pretty sweet. The Tooth Fairy replied, "I see you lost your tooth. I can still count it. Enjoy your money! Tootheena P.S. Thanks for the gifts!"
Sarah was relieved that her swallowed tooth still counted.
No comments:
Post a Comment