My Mother's Day was pretty great. It started on Saturday morning. Aaron surprised me by sending me out of the house by myself to get my hair cut and highlighted. While I was gone he and the kids cleaned the whole house for me. When I got back from my haircut Aaron had planned a Mother's Day party with my family. He had invited everyone and had cooked the dinner so I wouldn't have to do anything. It was AWESOME!! The next morning the kids cooked me breakfast in bed which was an interesting combination. They brought me some hard boiled eggs, some cereal, some Fritos, some cake mix batter, some toast and Josh made me a very interesting drink. It included some Diet Mountain Dew with some milk, Hershey chocolate powder, Nesquik Strawberry powder and honey. Josh didn't tell me what was in the drink until after I had had a sip. It was...let's just say interesting...HAHA! While everyone I was eating my breakfast I got to open all the kids Mother's Day presents which is one of my favorite things about Mother's Day. Here's everyone helping me eat my breakfast while I opened their presents:
After church I got to have a guilt free Mom nap which was awesome!! Then Aaron cooked Sunday dinner, too. We had a weenie roast which was fun. I was spoiled! I am thankful for my husband and kids and for the chance I have to be a mom!!!
Later that day all the kids Facetimed Grandma Mancil to say Happy Mother's Day. It was a bit tough to try and fit in 6 faces on the small phone screen, but it seemed to turn out.
I am thankful for my own mom. She helps me a lot whether it be my pseudo psychologist, or personal cheerleader or the great example she sets I am glad I can look up to her for support and an example! Here's some oldie pictures I found of us:
My mom was always willing to participate in all our family activities even roller skating:
Getting our Young Womenhood Recognition Awards at the same time:
Building the cabin:
Just hanging out:
Graduation:
Here's some of the Mother's Day gifts I got:
I love the card Aaron gave me. We are all about comedy at our house as you can see:
Here's a card from Sarah:
Josh made me a collection of funny comics at school:
Sarah made me another Mother's Day card at school:
Daniel's card:
Noah was supposed to make a Mother's Day present at preschool, but he missed that day since it was my Grandma Gee's funeral. Aaron helped Noah make something at home. Aaron wrote a sweet poem about Noah and dandelions since Noah is always picking them for me because he thinks they are such pretty flowers.
Dandelions are a lot like me
We both are always underfoot
And we run wild and free.
We grow quickly
The Dandelion and Me,
Before you know it
We have grown tall like a tree.
We both transform,
The Dandelion and Me.
We start off as a small flower,
And then we grow into something beautiful and happy
We both spread everywhere
The Dandelion and Me
Because you loved and taught me
Your influence will be spread throughout eternity.
Sarah made this hand print poem which makes me cry when I read it:
Sarah answered some questions about me which were pretty funny:
Daniel made a really sweet book for me:
Daniel also made me a coupon book:
Matthew made me some bath salts, too:
I had an awesome Mother's Day! I am grateful that I am a mom. Even though I am far from perfect and continue to be a work in progress I still love my job!!
Oh my goodness - those are some pretty sweet little gifts! What cute kids you have! And what an awesome mom you are! Seriously. I am constantly amazed at all that you do & just how well you keep it together! :) Thanks for being such a great example to me - I sure love you!
ReplyDelete