Last week in preschool Sarah had the opportunity to bring home her class mascot Bananas which is a stuffed monkey puppet. They are supposed to do activities with Bananas and then draw about them in a notebook with some crayons. Now we have had Bananas before, but this time Sarah really got into it. She snuck Bananas with her everywhere we went even when I told her to leave him home. He ended up going to the store with us, to a friend's house, and even to playgroup. We have a weekly playgroup that meets at the church so he came to that. Only after playgroup was over Bananas was no where to be found. I looked all over the church and couldn't find him. Finally I asked Sarah if she had any idea where he could be. Finally she brightened up and said he was in the bathroom. Um ewwww!! So I went to check the bathroom and sure enough there was Bananas on the bathroom floor right next to the toilet. YUCK!!! Sarah drew about taking him to playgroup. Thankfully she did not include the toilet in her drawing. I was glad to pass Bananas on to the next student when Sarah took him back to school. Bananas really did go on some exciting outings with Sarah--if you count the bathroom.
Monday after Josh got home from school I decided to go on a bike ride with him. It was some nice mother/son bonding time. Having 5 kids I don't get as much one on one time with my kids as I would like. We went for about seven miles until my bum cried mercy from sitting on my outrageously uncomfortable bike seat. It was a nice bike ride even though my bum is still sore four days later. Is it possible to build up callouses on your bum to the bike seat or should I look at investing in a more comfortable one? OUCH!!
Now Sarah was a little stinker when she is younger, but it looks as if she taught Noah everything he knows and he is expounding on it. He is quicker at getting into trouble than anyone I know!! Last week Aaron was working out in the yard and I was cleaning the house. Next thing I know I hear Aaron yelling my name. I went over to see what the problem was. That's when I saw Noah had drug the bar stool outside to the porch stairs in the garage and was pushing the button to close the garage door repeatedly on Aaron. Aaron's hands were covered in poison so he couldn't grab him so he called for me. Noah just kept giggling because he thought it was so funny that every time he would close the garage door on Aaron's head it would make Aaron yell, "NOAH STOP!!! REEEEBBBBEEECCCCCAAAAAA!!!" Noah would just giggle and do it all over again. When I saw what was happening it made me giggle, too, but I couldn't let Aaron see me laugh or else he would get mad at me, too.
Yesterday I sat down to do Daniel's homework with him. Now I only have about 15 minutes from the time Josh and Daniel get home until Matthew gets home from school. That means I only have 15 minutes to help Daniel get his reading done before all chaos takes over because when Matthew gets home he expects to have my whole attention at all times. Anyway I was trying to get Daniel's reading done when I noticed everything else got really quiet. I went to go and investigate only to find Noah had crawled inside my tub and was playing in the water. He had even stopped up the tub so there was more water to splash with. What you can't see is the tube of toothpaste he had dumped out by his feet. Like I said he is FAST and creative at what he does!!!Aaron mowed the lawn the other day and before I knew it Noah had snuck outside. Luckily he wanted to help mow the lawn more than sneak away so at least he didn't get into too much trouble this time. He loves to 'help' out anytime whether we want the help or not. What a guy!!
Tuesday Daniel's class had a field trip to a local farm. Daniel begged me to volunteer. Lucky enough it was during Sarah's preschool time so I only had to find someone to watch Noah. Thanks again, Erin!!! However, since I had to be at the school by 8:45 that meant I had to have everyone up, ready for the day, lunches packed, hair done, myself ready and Noah dropped off really early. Of course when you are in a rush everything that can go wrong does--usually with the help of my kiddos. This is how I felt Tuesday morning:
Thankfully I actually made it on time and we had fun. It has been a long time since I have ridden on a school bus. I had a group of 5 kids that I was in charge of which happened to be four boys and one girl---Jeez no matter what I just can't get away from those odds :)!!! We had a fun time, though.
We got to watch a sheep being shorn which was interesting.
We got to see lots of baby animals, too.
Everything went great up until the end when they passed out string cheese for a treat. Of course, since I was so crazy busy trying to get everyone out the door that morning I hadn't even thought to bring Daniel a treat. Daniel got upset, but thankfully another mom gave Daniel a piece of gum which seemed to appease him. Other than that we had a fun time together.
It is getting closer to summer and our backyard neighbors have picked up a few new calves. They got rid of all the cows last year, but decided to get more this year. They have only been in the field for a few days when we had our first escapee yesterday. He even left behind some steaming evidence in our yard....Luckily it happened right as Aaron got home for lunch so we both were able to get it back inside the fence. Between last year and it looks like this year we are getting quite good at cattle rustling....
Noah is completely a momma's boy. He loves to follow me anywhere and everywhere. Yesterday it was time to make dinner, but he didn't want to let me out of his sight. So he went and got his pillow pet and made himself comfortable right by my feet as I cooked dinner. What a funny boy!! You can't help but love him...
Especially when I sat down to update the blog this morning he went and got his pillow pet and needed lubs (loves). How can you resist a face like that?!
Or that?!
His puppy dog faces like this make it so no one believes me when I tell them about all the mischief he gets into! He is a cute troublemaker at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment