I am pretty far behind so here is a catch up. We did celebrate Pi day. Josh was the one who remembered and bought each of us a slice of pie to enjoy that evening. That was pretty awesome. He go some key lime pie which I would never say no to!! Yum!! We enjoyed our Pi day together that evening.
Sophie still is living her best life anytime she can lay on the blankets and nap. She loves laying on her back most days:Noah had two more meets for wrestling. He lost one meet, but won another one. He enjoyed wrestling, but doesn’t know if he will do it again in high school next year. It was fun to watch. I have never done anything with wrestling so it was all new to me and Aaron. It was cool to see, though.
the match:
The winner:Sarah got asked to Prom a few weeks ago. Here’s how her date asked her:
It says, “Sarah, I’d be Dew-Lighted if you went to Prom with me!"
Wahoo!! A few days later we went looking for a Prom dress. Here’s the pretty one she settled on:Sarah had an eventful week....
Her car window doesn’t stay up so to keep it up it has to be duct taped closed. It had to be reaped a few weeks ago because the old duct tape wore out. Here’s the new job and I have to say it looks professional--haha!
Sarah answered her Prom date back. The poster says, “Prom Would Be Sour Without You--YES!” She added lots of sour candies around the poster. Josh and Noah helped her answer her date back:
Noah started his last season of recreation league coed soccer. I am sad that this will be his last season. He does enjoy soccer, though. Here he is throwing the ball into the game:
He played a few rounds of goalie:They had picture night a few weeks ago:
Noah also had a Jazz festival. He even got a solo piano part during the performance. That was pretty awesome!
Noah is starting track and Josh is taking a college running class. They have been going on a few runs here and there together. One of their runs took them by the new Syracuse temple:
Matthew loves cooking. He loves trying new recipes for foods he likes. His House Manager, Allison, texted me last week asking for the Chicken Tater Tot recipe. Matthew wanted to make it for dinner. I sent it to her and Matthew. They then went and picked up all the ingredients to make it and that is what he had for dinner. Allison sent me pictures of his step by step. It was awesome:
The other day I was at work down in Bountiful. Unfortunately, I got a bit of a frantic call while I was at work. Sarah called me to let me know she had accidentally locked her keys in her car. DOH!! I was over 30 minutes away and you can never get ahold of Aaron while he was at work. Luckily, Sarah called Josh and he was on his way to a dentist appointment in town. He was able to bring her the extra key after his appointment. However, right when it first happened she couldn’t get ahold of anyone and tried to pick the lock on her driver’s side door with her hair barrette. Unfortunately her savvy lock picking attempt didn’t work and ended up getting the barrette stuck in the lock. When she got the key she had to unlock the passenger door to get inside the car to get home. When Aaron got home from work he went to go try to get the barrette unstuck, but in the process the middle part of the barrette broke off inside the lock. Double DOH!! Luckily, the lock will still unlock with the key, but I don’t know if that will always be the case....I am keeping my fingers crossed!! I am glad she is resourceful even if it didn’t work out:
Last week was my birthday. I had to work an early morning shift that morning, but I got home around lunch time. Aaron and I went out to lunch at the Old Grist Mill in Ogden.
Then Aaron surprised me by buying me a professional massage that afternoon. It was lovely. However, since I had had such an early morning shift there were a few times I nodded off during my massage, but I guess that just means it was relaxing, right?!
Later that evening I had a Relief Society activity I got to attend. As I was heading out to my activity I then got a call from Josh who was up in Ogden telling me that he had just locked his keys in his car. DOH!! Aaron was able to take one for the team that night and drove up to Ogden to help Josh out. I hope this locking the keys in the car is only a passing phase because two days in a row by two different kids was a bit much--haha! Glad we were around to help each other out, though!
We did celebrate with a yummy trip tip dinner and cheesecake on Sunday after church. Aaron made sure there were enough candles which was A LOT!!
The funeral home was finally able to place my Dad’s headstone. They had to wait until the ground wasn’t frozen so that finally happened last week. It turned out really nice:
It was his birthday last Sunday. We stopped by to visit his grave for a bit. We do miss him. Hope he had a good Heavenly birthday.
This week was Sarah and Noah’s Spring Break. We didn’t do anything too exciting. Monday we went to lunch with the Einzinger’s. Sarah has decided to get her CNA (Certified Nurses Aid) license over the summer through the DATC. Tuesday we went and picked up all her supplies--books, scrubs, stethoscope, blood pressure cuff, and analog watch. After picking up all her supplies I had a few gift cards to Cold Stone Creamery so we all picked up a treat. It was a fun day.
The next day we all had some time in the morning to go and play a few hours at Top Golf.
I really was doing quite terribly at first, but then by a miracle I did win this round. I had to take a picture because it was definitely an anomaly--haha!
Here’s everyone taking a turn:The next day, Thursday, of Spring Break we had an appointment with the Oral Surgeon for Sarah to get her four Wisdom Teeth out. Two of them were impacted so it was going to be a bit more difficult, but still doable. Here she is with her IV in and oxygen on right before I was asked to leave:
We were hoping for some funny videos of Sarah, but she was a pretty serious girl who had her whits about her even right after getting her teeth out. She was dizzy getting out of the car to come inside the house so Aaron was able to help her out.
Unfortunately things did not go smoothly. She had a quite unusual complication. We could not get the bleeding to stop. After coming home she went through almost a whole roll of paper towels soaking up the blood from her mouth. I pulled out the gauze like I was told to do and replaced it, but her mouth immediately filled up with blood again. I ended up calling the oral surgeon and they said to bring her back in. She soaked through a bunch of paper towels with blood on the way back to the office to get looked at. They got her right back and discovered that she had a complication called a ‘liver clot’ aka currant jam’ clot. It is a rare complication from oral surgery. They don’t know what causes it or how to prevent it. It is where there is excessive bleeding and incomplete clotting. The improper clotting causes it to bleed more which forms more malformed clots. It was terrible. The malformed clots are so big that they look like liver tissue hence the name. Thankfully they have NOTHING to do with the actual liver. Anyway, her whole mouth kept filling with huge clots and blood. The clots signal the body to increase bleeding in the area which results in more clots. It is a vicious cycle. We went through so many paper towels to try and keep it from getting everywhere. We tried for two hours to try and get it under control, but it wasn’t getting any better. I had tried having her bite down on gauze pads to put pressure on the sockets, but that didn’t work. I called the oral surgeon and they told us to come back in right away. We did and it was terrible. The oral surgeon filled up a syringe and tried to numb Sarahs socket so he could mess with it. Unfortunately, it didn’t get numb. So when the nurse anesthetist came in and put his gloved thumb into the hole in her socket where her wisdom tooth used to be and put intense pressure on it--it was super painful. He held pressure using his thumb in the socket hole for about 5 minutes while Sarah was crying the whole time. I felt terrible for Sarah. Thankfully it did slow down the bleeding. We ended up staying for about an hour to make sure we weren’t going to go home and have any other issues. I never have heard about liver clots before. I was asking the nurse about it and she said it doesn’t happen very often. They do about 30 cases every day and only have one of these episodes maybe once a month. With our odds we should go to Vegas, right?! Anyway, I am glad things have settled down.
We made it home and although Sarah’s cheeks are quite swollen she is doing okay.
A side note...I watch and listen to a lot of true crime. I am afraid if they ever light up my house with luminol it would look like a murder scene. Forensic investigators use luminol to detect trace amounts of blood at crime scenes. It reacts with the iron in blood and emits a blue lights wherever any blood has been even if it has been cleaned up. There was quite a bit of blood splatter because she was bleeding so much. I would be afraid our house would look like a murder scene--Icky! Anyway, she is all good now. They did warn us that they did so much manipulation to get her bottom wisdom teeth out there would definitely be some swelling. Poor girl. She’s really been through the ringer.
Josh found a new app that converts pictures into cartoons. Here’s our family picture:
Sarah did get the Danzer of the Week this week. Wahoo! Here’s her sign in our yard:
Here’s what her teacher had to say about her:







No comments:
Post a Comment