"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Thursday, November 21, 2024

Top Golf, P-Day Chats, Reviews, Christmas, CCYC, Hair Cut/Spa Day

These past two weeks have been insanely busy.  Things should hopefully slow down soon, though!!  Aaron and I did get a fun break for Veteran’s Day.  This is one holiday Aaron has off from work, but all the kids still have school.  We decided to do a day date. We started out at Top Golf. Aaron totally killed me at most of the games, but I did win a few, though.
Even though it was chilly outside, our golf area had a heater so we stayed warm.  Here’s Aaron:
Here’s my turn:
Afterward we are a boring married couple so we went to the huge Costco to browse and pick up a few things. It was a fun day date.  Later that evening we were able talk with our missionary--Elder Mancil.  He seemed to be doing okay.  Missionary life is not always easy, but he seemed to be in good spirits that Monday evening.

Sophie was overdue for her annual vaccines. They had a vaccine clinic set up at our city fire station Saturday morning. I made the appointment a few weeks beforehand, but I got pulled away that Saturday morning for something else.  That meant Aaron had to take her in to get them which he wasn’t too happy about, but what can you do?! He brought Sarah along with him to help. Poor Sophie--those vaccines made her sick for a few days.  She had a fever, was lethargic and had some GI upset. Good thing it was only a few days, though. After that she was back to her normal self. Last week was finally her groom appointment. She was in desperate need. She looks and--I think--feels so much better! Here’s her before and after:
Our garage door opener in the car has been only working occasionally.  I finally decided it was time to trade out the battery when I got home from work the other day and the garage door wouldn’t open at all. I brought the opener inside, popped out the battery in the garage door opener, however, the writing on it was so small I had to take a picture of it to see the numbers.  Luckily, we actually had one to replace it with in the cupboard.  Yay!  That makes things easier!
We got to talk with Elder Mancil this past Monday evening.  He and his companion have now moved out of the apartment with the Zone Leaders and into their own apartment.  It was good to talk with him.
We share a google drive for photos so we can see the pictures he takes.  He made a perfect grilled cheese sandwich the other day.
He is branching out in his cooking repertoire--haha!
I was lucky enough to be chosen to review a brand new lifetime 6’ folding table and 4 chairs.  They had a random lottery and I got picked.  As long as I review the table and chairs on their forum I get to keep them for free. Wahoo!! Just in time to host Thanksgiving!  
The city youth council had their ‘Knock and Drops’ activity this week.  It is where the council sorts donated food and then delivers basketfuls to underprivileged families in the area in time for Thanksgiving.  It is one of the best activities they do every year.  Sarah had dance at the same time so she didn’t make it to this activity, but Noah did.  He said it was awesome.  Here’s a few pictures.  Noah is stacking the cans in behind everyone:
Here’s everyone working hard to fill the boxes with food to deliver.  They deliver them anonymously by putting the box of food on the porch, knocking and hiding.  
Here they are getting ready to go:
Speaking of Noah he just had an orthodontic appointment where he was told he only has two more months of wearing braces until he can get them off.  Wahoo!  He’s pretty excited about that!  He also got to team teach the YM middle class lesson a few weeks ago.  He wasn’t even nervous to teach.  I don’t know if he is my kid--haha!  I wish I could feel that relaxed when I have to teach!!

Last week I had a few hours open on Saturday so I decided I wanted to set up our Christmas decorations.  I made Aaron and Josh bring up all the boxes from the basement.  It was a bit of a mess while we were getting things sorted out and arranged:
It was nice because all kids happened to be home at the same time so I had a bunch of help.  It is also nice that the kids are old enough to actually help decorate without me worrying about them breaking all the ornaments. Sarah, Josh and Noah helped decorate the front room Christmas Tree.

Sarah was goofing off and Josh took this picture while they were decorating the tree.  Haha!
Sarah got the chance to speak in Sacrament Meeting this past Sunday.  She has known for a month that this was coming up.  However, whenever I would ask her if she has put together anything she said she would do it later. How is she my child?!?  I can’t procrastinate anything like that. Anyway, she finished writing up her talk Sunday morning right before church.  She did just fine.  

Sarah went to Sadie Hawkins dance a few weeks ago and asked me if I could help her do her hair.  I was happy to help.  Aaron took this picture while I was doing her hair in the family room before the dance:
Josh is staying busy between work, school and YSA activities.  He is looking forward to Thanksgiving Break, the end of the semester and Christmas Break.  He has some pretty early mornings and late nights.  
We don’t see too much of him despite him living at home.  He has also started volunteering at the hospital.  He says it has been kind of interesting.  Every volunteer shift he does he gets an $8 credit to use at the hospital cafeteria. He bought a blue bacon burger meal the other evening and took a picture of it to show us. He knows I LOVE a good blue bacon burger!
I am currently working both my jobs right now.  It has been pretty stressful since it is equalling out to be full time hours. I worked my Clinical CNA Instructor job yesterday. However, at the Care Center we were at they are having a huge outbreak of Covid. That meant all of us got to wear masks all day. The poor students had to wear PPE stuff in almost all the rooms.  It was pretty crazy!!  I really don’t enjoy wearing a mask, but I would enjoy Covid even less so here we are--haha!
These past 3 weeks have been insane between me working a ton, 3 Stake Relief Society trainings, a Relief Society activity, 2 separate unexpected funerals, I am about ready to pull out my hair.  My stress level has been pretty high...ugh!!  However, good and bad things should be slower soon...

I was working the Walk In Clinic today and Aaron brought me some lunch.  It was fun to have a quick lunch together.
Sophie’s favorite part about the day is waking kids up and tucking kids in bed.  As soon as you say either of those phrases--'Should we wake up kids?' or 'Should we go tuck in kids?'--she gets really excited, barks, jumps up, grabs a toy and runs over to the kids’ rooms to jump on their beds.  
Here’s this blogs funny meme picture from Josh:

No comments:

Post a Comment