The last two weeks have been busy. Noah finished up his fall soccer season. We got his soccer pictures back:
Sophie is an interesting dog with some weird quirks. One thing she does LOVE is the piano. Whenever anyone starts playing the piano she will come lay at your feet the whole time you are playing. She will get so close to your feet sometimes that you can’t even move your feet--haha! Here she is curled at my feet the other day:
Sophie LOVES squeaky toys. However, they don’t last very long. It doesn’t taker her very long to rip the toy open and get the squeaker out. I found this meme that sums up what she does with her squeakers--haha!
Matthew LOVED playing.
Last Saturday morning Daniel had a Cross Country meet--The Royal Run at Roy high school. This is one of Aaron and my favorite races to attend. The course is great where you can see him run at many different points.
He has a friendly rivalry with a fellow teammate. He beat his rivalry this time and is pretty excited about it--haha!
It was a tender mercy for me to be able to attend this meet since I was originally scheduled to work, but got called off--something that rarely happens. I was grateful to see the Royal Run one last time. Since Daniel is a senior that will be the last time he will run it. Sarah and Noah have let us know that they are definitely NOT interested in running so our attendance at cross country events are coming to a close. It is a bit sad, but what can you do?!
Saturday was also the Homecoming dance. Sarah and her friend group decided to go stag. They started the day by playing games, making bracelets, and hanging out at our house all morning. Then they went home to get ready for the evening portion. I helped Sarah and one of her friends get ready for the dance. Then they all came back over to our house to have a fancy dinner. I decorated the table with fresh flowers and twinkle lights.
As for Daniel his group did their Homecoming date activity the night before at TopGolf:
An interesting side note...a lady I work with discovered our sons were friends after seeing this picture with both our sons in it--haha!
Daniel went to the dance with his girlfriend Katie. They had a fun time.
Daniel had yet another cross country meet a few days ago. We got to watch Daniel lead the chant before the race:
Matthew has been doing some more fun activities at his group home. Here is some pictures his staff shared with us:
Matthew really loves living there. It was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make, but it has turned out so well. Matthew has grown so much and loves having his independence. We did have an unfortunate surprise this past week. Matthew had a meeting scheduled for Vocational Rehab. After this meeting he could finally move to the next step toward getting a job. As I was on my way over to pick Matthew up for this meeting--seriously as I was pulling in front of his house I got a call from the Vocational Rehab office saying our counselor had a family emergency and wouldn’t be able to meet with Matthew that morning. Once Matthew heard that he had a melt down. He does not do well with changes to his routine. Ugh. I felt bad, but it was completely out of my control. Luckily, his staff was able to redirect him and he was able to then go to the Day program to try and get his mind off the cancelled meeting. It has been rescheduled in a few weeks. Hopefully, we won’t have any issues. I hope the counselor is doing okay. Any family emergency is never a good thing.
Daniel was being goofy and dancing at work when he dropped it like it was hot and split his pants--haha! He had to come home on his break time to change his pants.
Speaking of Josh he has finally started his allergy shots again. Hopefully, he will be able to tolerate Sophie soon--haha! He also had his last neurology visit with Primary children’s. Since he is back from his mission and over 18 he has graduated to an adult neurologist. His first appointment will be in January. It was sad to change, but Josh definitely did not fit in at Primary’s. They had a hard time measuring his height before his appointment--haha and he was the only adult amongst the other little patients.



No comments:
Post a Comment