She was pretty worn out by the end of the party. She had worn boots and had some nice blisters by the time she got home from all the dancing. She had a good time.
Matthew is teaching primary and absolutely loves it. He team teaches with Aaron and Brother Griffeths. He really enjoys all aspects of primary, but his favorite is singing time. Matthew will get so excited and yell out the answers to all the questions so, occasionally, Aaron has to remind him that it is actually for the primary kids and not for the teachers. He also loves the songs with actions. He got to choose what action they did for ‘Do As I am Doing’ and was pretty excited about that. I found this meme and just laughed because Matthew has some pretty sweet moves--haha:When I got back from the prison I had to check Noah out of school to take him to get his braces fixed. Saturday he had broken the bracket off that holds the main wire in place on his bottom jaw. I had to get him in that day or wait a week so I raced back from the prison and got him there in time. Phew! After Noah’s orthodontic appointment I had to go and pick Matthew up and take him to his psychiatrist appointment. It was just for a follow up visit and to renew his medication prescriptions. We had to restart a med he had been weaned off from because he was struggling for a bit. However, after restarting the medication he is doing a lot better. That was super busy day, but I was glad to get everything accomplished.
Two Sundays ago Sarah was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. She spoke on her favorite Conference talk from this past Conference. She did great. Daniel also got to teach the lesson in the Priest’s Quorum that Sunday, too. It was interesting to see how each of them prepared. Sarah started on her talk as soon as she was asked a few weeks ago. Daniel waited until Sunday morning to prepare his lesson. What can you do, though?!
It was Thanksgiving this past week. We also had to get Josh’s Christmas package put together and mailed by the end of the week. You can see Josh’s Christmas box on the table. You can also see Noah helping Aaron prepare the brine for the turkey:
The Wednesday before Thanksgiving I made the kids help me clean since we were hosting dinner. Noah cleaned out and reorganized the pantry. Sarah cleaned out and wiped down the fridge. Daniel started on organizing the cupboards, but didn’t get very far before he had to go into work. Here’s the middle of all the chaos--Sarah emptying the fridge and Noah pulling everything off the shelves in the pantry:
Thanksgiving was great. We had G&G T and my sister Johanna and her family over. We only had 13 people this year, but it was good.
Josh was able to call us that evening, too. Matthew doesn’t always get a chance to talk to him so he was excited to see him. Josh was able to do some service that morning then eat a Guatemalan Thanksgiving dinner that evening with a family in Chicago which was nice to hear.
The next day Aaron and Daniel got to change the rear brakes on the van. Yes, both cars needed new brakes at the same time. Bleh. At least it is all done and hopefully, will last awhile.
This is what happens when you leave your phone unattended by a teenager....
Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving none of us felt like making dinner so we stopped by to pick up some pizza from our favorite pizza guy:
We had Sarah’s CCR meeting this past week. I can’t believe she will be in high school next year!! She got to hear all the class options from her counselor. She won’t actually register until the spring when they have their back to school night for incoming sophomores. However, it was good to see all her options so she has time to think about which ones she wants to take.
We finally cleaned off our ceiling fan in our bedroom which had quite the accumulation of dust on it. I don’t know why it catches so much more dust than anything else. Anyway, I found this meme and thought it was hilarious.These past two weeks have been pretty boring for us. I had surgery two weeks ago to correct a problem I have been dealing with for a few years. The surgery was more invasive and painful than I thought it would be. I didn’t realize it would take me so long to recover so I have been down/taking it easy for a lot of the last two weeks. However, today I am happy to say that I am finally starting to feel more like normal. In this picture I am waiting for my IV to be started and to be taken back to the OR. I told Aaron after I had changed into the hospital gown and cap that I was bringing sexy back--haha!

No comments:
Post a Comment