We have been pretty crazy around here the past two weeks. Here's some highlights. Two Mondays ago the kids had the day off from school. It was a teacher inservice/prep day. Anyway, we thought we would make the most of it. Because things have been a bit hectic around here, some projects have been put on the back burner--such as fixing bicycles. However, Grandpa T was nice enough to pick up the kids' bikes and repair them so they were rideable again. I took the kids out for a bike ride that Monday morning. We had fun. Here we are getting ready to go:
On the trail kind of by our house:It was fun to ride together (we did miss Dad, though since he had to work). It was nice to not have to tow the bike trailer, too. However, I felt that ride for a few days because my bike seat is less than comfortable so I was sporting some nice butt bruises after that ride. I was reminded about that every time I sat down--haha! Anyway, it was a fun morning.
I finally got to see some pictures from Josh's day date for Homecoming. They rented some scooters and rode around Ogden. Here is Josh and his date:
Josh was pretty excited that she was six feet tall--haha!
After riding scooters and eating lunch they came home to get ready for the dance. Here's my handsome boy before he was going to pick up his date:
Here's their group:
After getting a few pictures of Josh's group we headed over to Grandma T's birthday party. We had some yummy dinner and then birthday cake. It was fun to get together and chat and the cousinship fun together, too.
Noah has been playing soccer and still enjoys it. Here's an action shot of him throwing the ball into the game:
The Pinewood Derby was last week. Aaron helped Sarah and Noah get their cars ready. Here's Noah painting his car with a bit of help:
Josh had another cross country meet. I feel bad because I have missed quite a few of the kids' activities this fall because I am working so much. In fact I only have had one day off in the past two weeks which was yesterday. It has been crazy busy!! Thankfully, Aaron was able to go and support Josh and take a few pictures:
Josh went back to see the ophthalmologist and see if his eyes were healed enough to wear contacts again. Josh was supposed to put steroid drops in his eyes every day since the last ophthalmology appointment to help calm down the inflammations that was making it so uncomfortable to wear contacts. However, Josh was not very good about doing the drops every day so his eyes haven't cleared up. He only remembered to put the drops in a few times a week so they aren't clear. He now has to use the steroid twice drops daily and go back in December to see what his eyes look like then. He was pretty disappointed, but he has no one to blame, but himself. It was a hard lesson to learn, but hopefully he can wear contacts again starting in December. He is now very motivated to put in his eye drops every day--he is not a fan of glasses.
As for Sarah she has to get her blood drawn every month just to see what her liver levels look like. Her last draw they are still high so we have a follow up appointment at the Liver Clinic at Primary Children's at the end of this month. Sigh....we really do have a love/hate relationship with that place. I am grateful it is close and for the specialties it offers, but HATE that we have to use it. Anyway, I am trying to come to terms with that.....
Matthew went to see his psychiatrist just for a check up and for medication refills. I really like his doctor. She has seen him for 16 years and does really good with him. She is getting older and just retired from her regular day job so I know her retirement from her side job is imminent. I just hope it won't be for another really long time--keeping my fingers crossed. She has worked with him for such a long time so when she had to write a letter about his disability in order for us to obtain guardianship for him she knew what she was talking about. We are still in the process of getting guardianship and hope to have it in place by the end of the year. It is a pretty complicated process when doing it yourself.
I picked up this message board a while ago hoping to put up inspirational messages for my family to read. Well this is what happens when you have a bunch of boys who think they are hilarious:
They rearranged the letters to put up such an inspirational message--DOH!! I must admit that when I saw it I did giggle a bit. I guess the boys potty humor is starting to rub off on me--double DOH!! No one fessed up to who did it, but they all thought it was pretty funny, too. Heaven help us!
It was the Pinewood Derby last week. I had to work so Aaron and G&G T went to support Noah and Sarah. Here is Noah before one of his races high fiving the crowd before he got down to the finish line to watch:
Sarah got the 'Race Like a Girl' Most Original award:
The Activity Day girls went after the cub scouts finished.
Both Sarah and Noah finished in the middle of the pack so even though they weren't in first place they weren't in last place either. I will take that! I missed Noah's races since I was at work, but I was able to make it for Sarah's last two races since they happened after I got off work.
Josh got asked to the Sadie Hawkins dance. Wahoo!
He was pretty excited:
Here is how he answered her:
Sadies is in November.
Speaking of Josh he is liking his haunted maze job, however, he really gets into his Pennywise character. This past weekend he has come home with no voice and exhausted from doing his act for each group that passes by his clown area. Poor guy. He is not sick, but sure sounds awful. There are only a few more weeks until that job finishes and then he can have a voice again--haha! He did a super scarer award one night, though. He was pretty proud of that. After people finish the maze they tell the workers which character scare them the most and Josh won it that night.
It was Daniel's birthday last week. I can't believe he is 14!! We celebrated his birthday Sunday, September 29th since I had to work on his true birthday. He requested smoked hamburgers for dinner which Aaron was nice enough to make. He also wanted a store bought chocolate cake with chocolate frosting so here is what he got:
Happy birthday cute boy!
The next day Aaron and I did take him out for a fun breakfast lunch at his choice which was Iceberg Drive In. It was fun to have some one on one time with just him for his birthday. After lunch he wanted more birthday cake so why not?! He had a piece of cake and then went back to school to finish out the day.
Noah finished up soccer last week.
He did get his soccer team pictures back, too:
My cute boy:
The beehives wanted to sew some pajama pants for an activity. We started two months ago by cutting them out of fabric. We then finished them this past week. Thankfully we had two other adults come and help the girls sew them. It took 5 sewing machines, and over two hours to get them all finished, but we did it! Wahoo! Now the girls want to have a movie night so they can all wear their new pajama pants they made. I am alright with that activity--haha! It was an interesting activity because there were a few girls who had never used a sewing machine before. It was fun to help them!
Noah originally had a field trip planned at the beginning of September to visit Antelope Island. However, it had to be rescheduled when it ended up being so rainy the day they were supposed to go. It got rescheduled for last Friday. Unfortunately I had to work, but Grandma T was able to fill in for me and be a chaperone for the trip. I guess it ended up being a bit chilly, but everyone still had fun.
They got to learn about the unique sand they have on the island as well as learning about brine shrimp. They even got to go out and catch a few brine shrimp, too.
I was glad Grandma T was able to go with Noah. They had a great time.
I got to go up to Logan two days this week to help out with clinics. The first one was Thursday evening and the next one was very early Friday morning. That meant I didn't even see my family for about 36 hours which was pretty crazy. However, I loved the drive through Sardine Canyon. It was very pretty to see all the fall colors and the cool, crisp air. I really love Logan. I even stopped by the Gossner factory and picked up some flavored shelf stable milk which all the kids love. Having those individual milks makes Daniel's daily dosing of milk a lot easier. To maintain his allergy free status he has to drink at least 8 ounces of milk every day and eat 8 cashews every day. Sometimes to get him to do that is a battle so I will take any opportunity to make it easier on us both even if that means buying flavored Gossner milk--haha!
In other news Sarah made the student council at her school. She was a very determined girl. She picked up the application and filled out everything by herself which was amazing. She only asked me to read it over when she had finished writing everything. I was pretty impressed. She had her first meeting last week and is excited to participate in the different activities throughout the school year.
Josh and Daniel were able to help out with the 'Share Walk' last Saturday. The 'Share Walk' is in Layton and is for people who have lost a baby, pregnancy, etc. The youth council helped blow up pink, blue, and white balloons for all the babies that were lost. It was sobering activity, but they were glad they were able to help. Here's Daniel holding the balloons:
Josh:
Josh:
Saturday morning I worked, but when I got home I got to spend the evening with this cute girl:
We went out for dinner and then went and watched Women's Conference that evening. Sarah even took some notes, too. It was a nice night and it was great to spend some one on one with my only girl.
The next morning Aaron cooked his traditional Conference morning breakfast that included eggs, hasbrowns/homefries, bacon, sausage, toast and milk. The kids all enjoyed it. Amazingly enough we even have leftover bacon. That is something that NEVER happens, but I am not complaining. I was glad to watch Conference with my family and we learned so much. I can't wait for the next round in 6 months.
























No comments:
Post a Comment