The last week and a half has been incredibly busy!! We crammed in a lot of stuff so bear with me as I go through it all!!
We all got to go to a REAL Monarch soccer game at the stadium in Herriman. We got some free tickets from the Utah Parent Center which was pretty cool. Noah and Daniel really like soccer so they enjoyed watching the game. We had a lot of fun.
We had some good seats, too. The Monarchs are the REAL reserve team so they aren't as famous as the regular REAL team, but that just meant they played in a smaller stadium so we had really good seats! Wahoo!Matthew's favorite part was when they played music and randomly put the dancing people on the Jumbotron. Thanks to Matthew's sweet dance moves (which were pretty crazy to be honest--haha!) all of us got to be on the Jumbotron. They cut Matthew's head off, but you can definitely see the rest of us waving our hands and me trying to take the picture really fast:
It was a bit chilly and windy. I didn't mind, though, because I got to snuggle with the kids to try and stay warm:
When the game ended we asked someone to take a family picture of us. After she did she asked if we liked the way the picture turned out. The family picture looked great, but it wasn't until later we discovered she had also taken a selfie of herself to be funny. We did get a chuckle out of it. Here's some random selfie of a stranger who happened to take our family picture:
Here's the actual family picture that she took right after her nice selfie--haha!
Josh was already at the park helping out with the youth council who were the ones running the show. Josh got to man the 2 year old area. I'm sure those two year olds really were out of control--haha! It was still cool Josh was there along with Sarah and Noah.
After the Clinton City hunt Aaron then took the kids over to the West Point City hunt. This one Daniel tagged along. He's still a bit of a shorty so no one even asked any questions since he fit right in with the other 12 year olds--he is only 13 so close enough, right?!After I got off work we headed down to the REAL Monarch soccer game so the kids had a busy, but fun day.
The next day was Easter. The Easter bunny did come, but hid all the kids' baskets. They all eventually did find them, though. Here's the nice bed head Easter basket picture:
Here's my good looking bunch right before we left to go to church Easter morning:
After church we went and had dinner at G&G T's house where they had their own Easter egg hunt for the grandkids. I was glad about that since I had missed both hunts the previous day. Here are all the grandkids waiting at the backdoor to here, "MARK, SET, GO!!!" for it to begin:
Each grandkid only got 11 eggs. Once they hit their 11 mark they were done. That way everyone gets the same amount of eggs which is good. HEre's Matthew and Sarah looking in the yard for some eggs:
Daniel:
Josh and Cade:
Noah:
Then we took everything inside so the kids could check out their loot:
We did have a nice dinner together. After dinner we had a huge birthday cake to celebrate Grandpa T's, mine and Johanna's birthdays since they are all within 4 days of each other. There were separate candle areas on the cake so each of us got a turn to blow some candles out.
Here's my turn with the candles:
Wahoo! The kids had fun playing with their cousins and finding Easter eggs so it was a good day.
Last week Matthew got asked out to Prom which I thought was pretty awesome. The peer tutors all got together and decided to take the special needs kids from Functional skills and the Learning Center to Prom. Matthew's date came in to his class with this poster and I guess he got pretty excited.
I was at the store when I got a call from the school. Have I mentioned that I really HATE calls from the school?! So when my phone rang and I saw it was from the school I just rolled my eyes. However, when I answered I heard a bunch of excited screaming with a few 'Moms' shouted in-between the screams. I guess Matthew was too excited to tell me about getting asked to Prom so he shoved the phone in the teachers face so she could tell me. While she was telling me about it I could hear Matthew shouting in the background from joy. What a crazy kid. I must say our experience in high school has been stellar. I couldn't have asked for a better student body for him to be around. I am really sad he has to graduate in a few weeks...Anyway, it makes my heart happy he has had so many opportunities to go to dances and make so many friends these past three years. Anyway, Matthew continued to be really excited about the dance so much so that he was a bit hard to handle the rest of the week. His teacher said she was glad he got asked on Wednesday (the dance was on the following Saturday) because Thursday and Friday were pretty rough trying to get him to settle down to actual do schoolwork--haha!
Josh had a track meet last week. He ran the mile and the 800 meter race. His knee has really been bothering him lately. He has been going to physical therapy to try and help it feel better. The physical therapist did a work up and told us it is because Josh's bones have grown faster than his muscles (which I can believe since he has grown so tall so fast) and it has put his knee out of alignment. He has been seeing the physical therapist for a few weeks now so hopefully it will start feeling better soon. If not he may need to see if there is a bigger problem going on. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed that it fixes itself soon! Here he is running the 800 meter race:
Right after the meet it was Noah's soccer game. Noah's favorite position it goalie and he isn't half bad either. He has improved from a year ago when he just wanted to pick grass or fall asleep during the soccer game so we will take the improvement--haha! It was a bit windy and rainy so we watched the game from the car so we could try and stay warm:
The next day was Daniel's second track meet. He ran the 1600 meter (mile) race and the 800 meter race and hour later. He has made some friends on the team so he doesn't mind the workouts as much. Friends make hard things easier to do--haha! Here's the mile race:
The 800 meter race:
I have been working quite a bit this week. That means that Aaron has had to pick up the slack in the mornings while I have been gone. Good thing yesterday was my last shift until the fall for the Clinical Instructing! Anyway, I had to be out the door by 5 am most of the days and Aaron had to be at work between 6:30-7 am. That meant in order to make sure the kids would make it to school on time they had to wake up extra early while Aaron was home. Daniel was NOT a fan of that, but what can you do?! One morning while I was at work Daniel texted me whining about how early dad woke him up that morning. I sympathized a little, but he can handle it for a few weeks, right?! I think Aaron secretly enjoyed waking the kids up and exacting some revenge on all the sleepless nights they gave us when they were younger. I found this comic and I thought it was a bit close to the truth--haha!
I only had two days off last week which made for a crazy week. However, last Thursday one of my days off my friend, Erin, invited me to go with her and Drew up to Logan for a HUGE craft fair. She had won some tickets for the fair and we decided to make a day of it. It was so fun.
Here's the vendors who did the ticket giveaway that Erin won. We stopped by to say 'Hi'!
While up there I ended up picking up a cute Scrabble letter board/craft similar to this:
I am just waiting until my kids change the letters on it to say poop, fart, butt, etc. because that's just what boys (and Sarah) will probably do because they think it's hilarious. Oh well I guess it will keep things exciting--haha!
Matthew had been looking forward to the Prom Assembly on Friday. They gave him a small part in the program so he could give directions from the school to where Prom was going to be held. Once they turned the microphone over to Matthew it took about a minute of him jumping around the gym to finally calm down enough to give directions. Then after giving the directions he answered his Prom date back with a poster and some flowers. I had no idea his teacher was even going to do this. I thought it was so sweet. Even the principal got in on it when he went and picked up the flowers for Matthew to give to her. Seriously Matthew's high school experience has been the best!! Josh was nice enough to record Matthew's part in the assembly for me since I had to work that day. The video was too long to post to Blogger so I uploaded it to Youtube so you can see the entire 3 minute video if you follow this link:
M gives directions and answers his date back in this youtube video link: https://youtu.be/GqQRXY6Zen8
Here are two still pictures of Matthew giving directions and answering his date, though:
Friday afternoon Josh and I got to go out on a date. Since Josh would be going on his very first real date I wanted him to take me out so we could practice proper date etiquette. I made him open all doors for me and other things like that. We went and ordered dinner. We talked about what are date safe foods to eat (ie, non messy or stinky foods), when to order an appetizer or dessert, etc. It was fun to go out with him for a little while.
We even splurged and got a dessert. I had a few bites, but Josh, the never-ending pit was able to eat it all and still be able to come home and eat more food. I have no idea where he puts all the food he eats!!
The next day Josh set out to go on his very first date. His prom group took Frontrunner down to Salt Lake and see the Dreamscapes exhibit. It is an exhibit put on by the Salt Lake Arts Council using local artists and all reclaimed materials for the artwork. There was another couple with them, but they didn't get any group pictures. Anyway, here's some of the pictures of Josh and his cute date, Felicia, while they were at Dreamscapes:
That afternoon Matthew had to leave on the evening date before Josh, but I wanted to get a picture of them together so I made Josh put on his suit just for this picture. Here's my cute boys going to prom:
It was coincidental that both their dates were going to wear a bright red dress so that's why their ties match.We had to special order Josh's suit a few months ago since he doesn't wear a normal in-store size. The first suit we ordered didn't fit, but the second one did. It's hard to try and guess sizes when you can't try them on!! I am glad I ordered it early so we could sort that out beforehand!
Matthew's group was meeting up at a park at 4 pm for pictures. Here's Matthew and his cute date giving each other their corsage/boutonniere.
An interesting thing is Matthew's date is the younger sister of Matthew's first date to Preference two years ago. The older sister, Kiley, was there at pictures to cheer on her younger sister Camary which I thought was pretty cool! While Matthew's group was taking pictures he was quite the photobomber. He wanted to be in all the pictures whether they wanted him in them or not--haha! Luckily, we were there to help for the most part and they were very patient.
Matthew photobombed the picture of all the girls in the group.We did get some good pictures, though. Above is the picture of all the boys in the group. Below is a few of the couples from the group:
One of the peer tutor's moms is the one that put the whole group together. Her daughter was one of the peer tutors so she helped recruit them for this dance. After pictures they had a homemade chicken dinner at a rented room big enough to fit everyone. Then they went to the dance. Matthew was all over the place at the dance so they didn't get any pictures of him dancing, but they did get this one of him posing with these girls that were not his date....I don't know the story behind that, but it looks like he had a good time, though.
Above is the group picture of Matthew's group filled with peer tutors and special needs kids. What remarkable kids!
As for Josh, Aaron and I only stayed with Matthew for about an hour while they did most of the pictures then left to help Josh get ready. After he left to pick up his date all the parents met at the park to take some pictures. Here's Josh and his cute date:
Here's their group. All of them are from cross country so it was a friend date for all of them. An interesting side note is that I had had one of them in my CNA clinicals the day before prom so I got to know him a little bit.
Josh's date was so tiny! The photographer asked Josh to pick her up and it wasn't any effort on his part:
At the park they were getting they pictures taken there was some sculptures of some ducks Sarah and Noah had fun climbing on.
After the dance Josh's group went to someone's house to watch a movie and then came home. Matthew came home right after the dance. Both of them had a great time and experience. I am glad Josh had a fun first date!
The next day for Sunday dinner Matthew needed to make a balanced meal for a Foods class assignment. He had made this Zuppa Toscana soup at school and really loved it so that's what he wanted to make for his dinner. We picked up all the ingredients the previous day so we were ready to go, but making it didn't turn out as easy as I had hoped though. The finished product was pretty tasty, though. Here's the picture of Matthew and his soup that we emailed the teacher:
As for the hard part of the soup...I was helping Matthew and Aaron came by to see how he could help, too. We needed some thinly cut potatoes so Aaron decided to tackle that task. A while ago I had bought a mandolin slicer, but just haven't had a chance to use it. Aaron decided to take it out and try it out on the potatoes. This is what a mandolin slicer looks like:
Just like in the picture you are supposed to use the hand guard while using it. Well...Aaron thought he wouldn't need the hand guard and tried slicing the potatoes without one. DOH!! Almost immediately I heard yelling and he ran over to the sink and started washing his thumb. That's when he told me he sliced a chunk off his thumb with the mandolin blade. Ewwwwww! He wrapped it up in some paper towels, but those soaked through with blood almost immediately. We then tried a washcloth, but no matter what we did it was just gushing blood and was quite painful. After about 20 minutes of quite a bit of bleeding with no end in site we decided to head to the Instacare. They checked us in and we waited and waited. It was incredibly painful so Aaron was biting his fingers to try and distract himself--poor guy! Also when we walked in he turned a shade of gray and became a bit woozy so they made him sit in a wheelchair just in case if he passed out.
Sure enough a big chunk of his thumb was missing. They couldn't stitch it because too much meat was missing so they decided to cauterize it using silver nitrate sticks. They had to numb it up first and that was even more painful for Aaron especially the lidocaine shot under the fingernail and at the base of the nail, too. Yowza!! Once it was numb it took quite a few silver nitrate sticks to get it to stop bleeding. The silver nitrate cauterizes a wound by burning the skin that's why it looks black in the pictures.When we got home and it was still numb Aaron started joking around saying he's not half the man he used to be. What a nerd--haha!
He wasn't joking as much when the numbness wore off, though. The next day it looked even worse. Hopefully it heals quickly! However, he did learn a lesson--NEVER USE THE MANDOLIN WITHOUT THE HAND GUARD!!
A couple weeks ago we had Matthew's senior pictures taken and we got them back. They look great! I still can't believe he is a senior that will be graduating in a couple of weeks!
In other happenings I did get a call from the school last week. Again I HATE calls from the school. It happened while I was at work. I guess the entire 3rd grade were having indoor recess since it was raining pretty hard outside. Noah and a few friends went to use the restroom during indoor recess. Well instead of actually using the restroom and getting back to class the decided to dork around. They ended up getting wads of toilet paper and stuffing them in the sinks and clogging a toilet with excess toilet paper. Not too much mischief, but enough to get in trouble for. The principal called him down to the office to get his side of the story as he did with the other kids that were with him. I guess Noah felt horrible. After the principal talked to Noah he called me to let me know how it went. When I saw that the call was from the school I just sighed as I picked it up. It was the principal and after he identified himself he started chuckling. He explained what had happened and what they were going to do about it. They made the boys help clean up the lunchroom after lunch. He then said when it was Noah's turn to talk he bled all. He felt so bad he told the principal everything wrong thing he had ever done. The principal told me it reminded him of the character Chunk from the Goonies in the blender scene.
Speaking of Noah his teacher is doing a class countdown to the end of school. Today was crazy mix up day where you where the craziest mis matched things you can think of. If you are more crazy than the teacher you get a prize. Noah had his eye on the prize and asked Sarah to help him be the most crazy mis matched person they could think of. This is what they came up with:
They aren't home from school yet so I am waiting to see if he earned a prize--haha!




















































No comments:
Post a Comment