We have had a busy couple of weeks. Here's some highlights. Since we were going to have a super busy day on my actual birthday Aaron decided to do my birthday dinner the day before. He made a yummy tri tip dinner and then instead of birthday cake he picked me up my favorite--CHEESECAKE!! I hope my wish still comes true even though the candles were on a cheesecake instead of a birthday cake--haha!
Here is Aaron's awesome wrapping job of my present--haha! Towels count, right?! He got me a really cool stay cool pillow. I hate it when my pillow gets warm so I was excited to try it out. I also got a cool weighted sleeping mask that goes over my eyes and is pretty cool!
The next day I was able to have a nice birthday lunch with my friend, Erin and Drew which was really awesome. Later that afternoon/evening is when the craziness began. There was so much to do that we had to divide and conquer x3!! It was Noah's pack meeting where he got his Bobcat. He had to go to soccer right after so that explains the sweet tall, orange socks he is wearing--haha!
He got to put the pin on my shirt and I was glad I didn't get stuck with the pin like he jokingly tried to do:
Right after pack meeting was Daniel's Court of Honor where he got his Life Scout award. He got to pin it on my shirt as well.
I am one proud mama! Here's my boys' awards:

After Daniel pinned the award on my shirt I wanted to sneak back out to go back to the Young Women activity that was currently going on, but they stopped me. Someone announced that it was my birthday and they insisted they sing Happy Birthday to me.
Josh's turn at running:
That track meet lasted into the evening to G&G T were kind enough to pick up Noah and Sarah after his Pack Meeting and take them to soccer while I could attend the Court of Honor for Daniel and Aaron could stay at the track meet to watch Josh. It was a crazy night, but we all made it through it. Our young women celebrate the birthdays by putting signs in the yards. They even do this to the leaders which is pretty cool. Here was my birthday sign:
The next morning I had a long training for work where we learned the ins and outs of picking up supplies, how the office works, etc. I keep telling myself this old dog hopefully can learn some new tricks!!
The next morning it was finally time for Josh to get his Wisdom Teeth removed. He was all smiles before the appointment:
In getting prepared Josh didn't fit in the chair so they had to adjust things which was funny.
It was really quick! Josh was pretty out of it when he got into the car to come home:
He was having hilarious conversations with me. I did record a few of them. Here he wants to change his name to Bob Ross and it was pretty funny:
Here he even had some deep discussion talking about sherbet vs. sherbert. He was hilarious!
He got a bit emotional after he found out we didn't have a milkshake for him--poor guy!
After getting him something to eat and some pain meds he fell asleep with ice packs on his cheeks:
Again G&G T came to the rescue! Sarah had maturation right after we got home. Aaron had to work and Josh needed someone to sit with him since he was pretty out of it. Thankfully, G&G T were able to come babysit Josh so I could go to Sarah's maturation class with her. Aaron has been looking forward to this day for years. He feels he got the raw end of the deal since he has to go with all the boys to their maturation he was finally glad that I would get my turn to go with my only girl--haha! I keep telling him it was his fault we had all these boys....haha! Anyway Sarah and I survived maturation and Josh survived his Wisdom teeth removal. After a long nap he was back to himself again. No more Bob Ross--haha! He had been insisting on a milk shake all day long and his friend stopped by and brought him one. That was a sweet thing for her to do. Josh LOVED his milkshake and I was glad to because I was done hearing about him asking for a milkshake all day long.....Josh swelled up more than Matthew did, but it only lasted a few days. It probably got worse than it should have since Josh really HATED having the ice packs on his face. He did wear them occasionally, though because I do have proof:
Josh recovered well enough to go back to work Monday morning. It was Spring Break for all of us and we were going to enjoy our staycation. So while Josh was at work I took the other kids over to The Great Salt Lake Shorelands Preserve to walk around and enjoy the beautiful spring weather and temperature. It wasn't busy at all which was nice.
We even walked up the tower thing to check it out:
Daniel skipped ahead of us and at one of the benches where he waited for us he got to see a weasel which was pretty cool:
After spending a few hours there we stopped by Costco and got a quick lunch. By the end of lunch it was time to pick up Josh from work. When Aaron got home a few hours later I had hit my limit. Th kids had argued quite a bit that day I was done listening to it. Aaron could tell I had hit my limit so he was kind enough to take them to the park for a bit. While at the park they all tried out the spinning chair.
By the time they got home from the park all of them were motion sick from all the spinning and took a while to get back to normal. Then Aaron played the game Sorry with them. Matthew even played when he got back from AIM. It was a pretty cutthroat game that did involve some tears, but it wasn't too bad.
The next morning we dropped Josh off at work and then headed over to see a movie. We got there about 30 minutes before the movie started and were the only ones in the whole theater. However, as it got closer to the start of the movie about 5 other families came in, but it was still pretty empty which was nice. Here we are enjoying the entire theater to ourselves:
After picking up Josh from work everyone came home and crashed. Matthew is on one couch and Noah and Sophie are on the other:The next morning I wasn't ready to get out of bed right when I woke up so I laid there for a bit. I heard someone outside my door moving around, but it was pretty quiet so I didn't care. When I finally got out of bed I didn't find anyone out in the family room, but I did find this sweet note that Noah left me:
What an awesome way to start out the day!! When I went to check on him in his room he was just giggling. What a sweet kid!
Later that day Josh had to work so we decided to go and meet up with him at work and spend a few hours at Urban Air. It helped that Josh had given us some coupons to use! When we were buying our wristbands 'Urbie' the mascot came over to visit us. Urbie isn't supposed to talk, but he did lean in really close to me and say, "Hi Mom!" We had to get a picture with Urbie after that--haha!
Josh is usually a court monitor/lead so he doesn't dress up as Urbie very often, but we did catch him for a few minutes. After Josh got off of work he joined in the fun with the rest of the kids. They did the rock climbing area, the ropes course, the trampolines, etc.
I let the kids play while I studied my vaccination manual in the middle of all the action.
Daniel didn't come with us because he spent the day with his friends at another park, but he did enjoy his day, too. It was nice because all of the kids were too tired to argue when we got home which was great!
One of the days we went out to Antelope Island. For living as close as we do to Antelope Island we really don't go out there very much which is a shame because it is a pretty cool place. The first thing we did was a hike. Here's the beginning of the hike:
It was the perfect temperature and the views couldn't be beat!
Here's the top of the hike:
The kids are at the bottom and right above the kids was the parking lot where we parked our car so we did gain a bit in elevation.
Next we went over to the beach. It was the perfect temperature to wade in the water.
We tried catching brine shrimp and then there were all kinds of awesome flat, rounded skipping rocks all over.
Here's what the brine shrimp looked like swimming around:
Here's one that Sarah caught:
Noah poured some water on it so you can see it move in Sarah's hands:
Matthew wasn't a fan of getting in the water so he stayed on the blanket and watched us catch brine shrimp.
I am the skipping rock champion, but Daniel doesn't agree. That's okay we can agree to disagree. We did have one mishap. I was throwing a rock to skip it when it went rogue and ended up hitting Sarah right in the ribs. Whoops! I felt horrible. Luckily, she was okay, but I still felt horrible. After that we made sure no one was around us while we were skipping rocks just to be on the safe side!
I did have to work one day last week. It was a clinic for kindergartners and teachers/staff as well. I am still not feeling like a know everything, but slowly I am picking things up. I just hope it keeps getting easier for me!


































No comments:
Post a Comment