"God doesn't give children with special needs to strong people; He gives children with special needs to ordinary, weak people and then gives them strength. Raising a child with special needs doesn't take a special family, it makes a special family."--Author Unknown

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Robotics, Ordinations, Young Women, Hard Work, Preference Dance, Dance Performance, Flat Tire


Another week has passed and here is what we have been up to....
Noah has been participating in a robotics club/class at school.  They had their show off party last week.  Noah got to show me what he has been working on with his robot--programming, building, etc.  He was pretty proud.  Here's his completion certificate and his Fun Dip prize.  He was more excited about his Fun Dip than anything else--haha!

Here's his robot:
 Here's what he got the robot to do:
We had a pretty awesome Sunday.  With all the new changes in the church recently it meant that Josh and Daniel got to be ordained to their different Priesthood offices Sunday.  Aaron ordained Josh to a Priest first and Matthew got to stand in the circle.  Then it was Daniel's turn to be ordained to a Teacher.  It was pretty cool because Josh and Matthew got to stand in the circle to help ordain Daniel. Because of some scheduling issues, the Bishopric counselors just came over to our house so we could do it in our front room.  Here's my new Priest and Teacher:

There were a few more changes, too.  I got released as an Activity Days leader and then put in Young Women as a Beehive leader.  It was a busy Sunday because after the boys were ordained I had to walk across the street to where the new young women leaders were having their first meeting where I got set apart as the Beehive Leader.  Sunday was a busy day for our family for sure!!

I know that Josh is a hard worker at home, but you never know what happens outside of the home.  You hope for the best, but you really never do know--haha!  However, I was pretty excited when Josh shared this email he got from his boss at work this week:
 I am a proud mama!  Josh really enjoys his job for which I am glad.  Not everything has been sunshine and roses at work (especially when he had to unclog some toilets and clean the bathrooms--YUCK!), but for the most part he is a hard worker and gets the job done.  He did get a hard lesson this week, though.  He got his first paycheck and discovered how much in taxes they really do take out of your check.  Poor guy--reality can be hard sometimes--haha!   He even got a promotion yesterday at work.  He got bumped up to be a party host.  He was pretty excited to share that news with us when I picked him up from work yesterday.  He doesn't get a pay raise for his promotion, but he can now accept tips from the party participators.  Wahoo!  The possibility of more money is always a good thing, right?!

Josh got to participate in the Solo Ensemble at band this week.  He got extra credit if a parent was able to come and watch.  Since his band teacher is pretty strict with the grades which is a whole other story in and of itself (grumble, grumble).  Let's just say his band teacher takes his job a bit too seriously.  Anyway, I made sure I would be there not only to see my son play his trumpet solo, but so he could receive some extra credit, too.  Here he is playing in front of the whole band:
 Despite being nervous he did great.  He was glad when it was over, though.  And he also got some extra credit which was a really good thing since the second term ended that Friday!

Matthew had some excitement this week, too.  He got asked to the Preference Dance!  Wahoo!  He was so excited!  His cute date has known Matthew since Jr. High and knows that he loves memorizing highway exit signs.  Here's the sign she made and used to ask him to Preference:
 Matthew was beyond excited.  She also brought him some root beer and Skittles to go along with the sign.  Matthew was sweet and shared the root beer with anyone who wanted some.
 Sarah had her second dance performance this past week.  She always loves getting dolled up for the performances.  After putting the makeup on her I have to do a double take because she looks so much older than she is!  Here's my cute dancer before we left for the performance:
 Here's Sarah in her first dance (she is the third one over from the left side):
 Here she is in her second dance with her black nun-chuck prop:
 Here she is in her third dance:
 It is fun to see the dances the girls' have worked on for the past four months!

I saw this meme the other day and I feel like this a lot of the time.  Although I do know how to play chess in real life lately, I feel like I am just winging it and hoping for the best--haha!  Please tell me I'm not the only person that feels this way!!
 The kids had Friday off from school this week so Josh decided to go out with friends Thursday night.  Aaron had to work Friday so I was the designated one to stay up and wait for Josh to get home.  Daniel swore he wasn't tired and wanted to stay up and wait for Josh with me.  Let's just say Daniel was a bit more tired than he thought.  Within 20 minutes of waiting up with me he fell asleep on my shoulder.  I enjoyed the snuggles since I don't get them very much from my teenager--haha!
 Don't you just love finding surprise pictures on your camera?  Here's this beauty Noah and Daniel left for me on my phone:
We had some excitement yesterday.  Aaron on his way back to work from lunch called me and said he needed to trade cars ASAP since he has a flat tire.  I went and found where he was pulled over and traded cars.  We used a fix-a-flat tire repair to give the tire some air. Thankfully, I had enough air in the tire to get me to the tire place one mile away before it was completely flat.  The guy at the tire shop tried to repair the tire, but it was beyond repair.  Thankfully it was still completely under warranty so I didn't have to pay anything for the replacement.  Wahoo!  That was not my idea of a fun activity (spending 2 hours at the tire shop), but I was glad it ended in good news that we didn't have to pay for a new tire.  Crazy times.  After that I got home in enough time to pick up Josh from work, take Sarah to Activity Days, get Josh to the high school to carpool to his meet last night, make sure Matthew got off to AIM.  After all that it was just Noah, Daniel and me.  I decided since we had a dud of a day I would take them to McDonald's.  Daniel got a McDonald's gift card for Christmas so he got to order whatever he wanted.  Noah just stuck with the value menu, but that was enough for him.  Daniel was hungry and finally after two Big Macs, two Egg McMuffins and a drink he was full.  How my kids eat so much and still stay slim is anyones idea....Maybe he is hitting a growth spurt--haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment