I am so far behind!! A LOT has happened in the last month so I will break it down in to a few blog posts. We had a HUGE road trip the last few weeks, but I didn't get a chance to update the blog before we left because I ran out of time. Here's the week of family stuff before we left on our trip.
Sometimes kids really surprise you! I was busy and the kids had gotten themselves grounded from electronics due to excessive fighting. As I was doing something else I walked into the kitchen and found Sarah and Noah cleaning up. I guess they got bored enough that doing dishes by hand sounded like a fun thing to do. We know how to party in this household--haha! Anyway, that really surprised me, but made me happy that they wanted to help out. I am trying to figure out how to make laundry and vacuuming sound like fun things to do. Any suggestions--haha?!
Daniel was away at scout camp and Matthew was at his summer program so that left me, Josh, Sarah and Daniel at home. We decided to go hiking with Sophie. I found a really fun trail that went up into the foothills above Bountiful. We had a fun morning of getting away from everything by hiking and seeing the views.Last month for scout Pack Meeting they had the scouts build bottle rockets out of 2 liter soda bottles at home which they launched for the activity. Aaron was away at scout camp with Daniel so it was just up to Noah and me to build it. I followed a You-Tube video and used lots of duct tape. It worked--wahoo! It didn't fly as high as some other bottle rockets, but it worked which was awesome. Here is Noah getting ready for the initial launch:
Aaron got to spend part of Scout Camp up with Daniel at Camp Loll which is about 6 hours away. It is close to Yellowstone National Park so it was a really beautiful spot for camp. They had some issues even getting up to camp. The scout trailer wiring didn't work so they had to fix that before they could even leave. Then on the way one of the trailer tires blew out so they had to stop and fix that. Once that was fixed they finally made it there. Aaron had fun spending the time with Daniel and the other boys.
Everyone that drove to scout camp:
Trailer tire blow out:
It rained:
Getting ready for polar plunge:
Daniel went first. The water was around 31-34 degrees, but because it was flowing it didn't freeze. It was pretty cold at least that is what Daniel and Aaron said. Daniel's turn:
Aaron's turn:
Hiking 8 miles:
The hike veered into Yellowstone park:
Posing by the waterfall during the hike:
Daniel had a fun first scout camp which I am glad for. Hopefully, the next one will be just as fun!
In preparation for our cross country road trip we took the kids down to the Church history museum in Salt Lake. The only parking happened to be parallel parking which I must say I am pretty good at. Back when I was single (it was so long ago it is hard to remember--haha!)I lived in an apartment where they only parking was usually parallel parking which I got pretty good at. I guess I still have it down because I parked here and got it right on my very first attempt. No one else in our family cared, but I did so I took a picture of it just for posterity's sake!!
Anyway, we visited the museum and read a lot of information about the early history of the church. They had a lot of displays to make things more realistic of what life was like for the early saints. Here's the family checking out the mock up of Liberty Jail:
Learning about silhouettes and how everyone was able to get their own copy back then.
They traced the outline of the photograph to get the silhouette form of the individual. Here's Sarah taking a turn:
They also had a mock pulpit just like the one that is spoken from at Conference. Everyone had a turn 'speaking':
Sunday G&G T had a party for the summer birthdays which included Aaron and Michonne. They had a yummy dinner with cake and ice cream for dessert. Here's Aaron blowing out his birthday candle:
It was fun sitting around and talking while different people played magnetic darts:
Monday night we used the produce from our garden and had some yummy BLT sandwiches for dinner. For dessert Aaron also made some bacon wrapped Anaheim pepper poppers which were delicious. They weren't necessarily a typical dessert, but yummy nonetheless!
Tuesday July 24, the young women asked if I would come and teach a painting class up at girl's camp. I was more than happy to do that. Here's what we painted:
I didn't get a group picture of everyone's painting, but it turned out okay. Afterward since Girl's Camp was up in Heber I took Sarah along with me and we stopped by Dairy Keen for lunch. Yum!!
After lunch we did some back to school shopping at Park City since school is coming up quickly!I was able to get a picture of Sarah and me when we got back home. Sarah got to paint a picture along with the young women so here's our masterpieces:
I even wore my Bob Ross T-shirt that said, "There are no mistakes, only happy accidents!" just for fun.
The rest of the week was spent packing, packing and more packing. Sophie knew something was up because she kept laying on my piles of clothes looking so sad:
Friday I went and picked up Matthew from his 3rd and final week at Camp K for the summer. He had had the same counselors for each week so I snapped a picture. The guy on the right was from Ireland and I loved to hear him speak. His nickname at camp was Leprechaun.
After picking Matthew up I came home in time to pick up Josh from High Altitude camp for Cross Country. Josh had spent a week up in the Uintah's doing some running, running and more running. The day before they came home the cross country team did a major run/hike that totaled 24 miles. Needless to say he was exhausted and very stinky by the time he made it home. Anyway after Matthew and Josh got home I had enough time to unpack their stuff, wash everything and repack it to leave bright and early the next morning for our cross country road trip.





























I LOVE your Bob Ross shirt! That is just super awesome! :)
ReplyDelete