The past 9 days have been pretty uneventful and for that I am glad! We have had a bit of a cold start out in our house the beginning of this week. Noah ended up staying home from school for a day, but is feeling much better now. I didn't mind the company and the snuggles I got from him while he was home, though!
Matthew got a new pair of glasses and had them all of about 2 weeks before they got broken. Daniel was dorking around and was whipping a pair of pants around his head when it hit Matthew and broke his glasses. DOH!! Luckily, they were still under warranty so we didn't have to pay to get them fixed. I think that is the running record in our house of how fast a pair of glasses has gotten broken after getting them. I am hoping not to break that 2 week record, too!!We had parent teacher conferences for Daniel, Sarah and Noah this past week. It is fun to see the work and progress they have made since the beginning of the year. They are doing great and enjoying school which is awesome. It is crazy, though, because Daniel's teacher gave us the Jr. High registration form to pick out Daniel's classes for next year. I can't believe he will be in Jr. High next year--holy cow!! He has a few choices of classes so he can think about what he wants to take for the next few weeks until he registers for real. That is crazy!!
The Behaviorist for Matthew has contacted me and gave me some suggestions. We are also keeping a log of behavior issues so we can find out the trigger for the behavior, his reaction, our reactions, and any type of punishment. We will be keeping this log for two weeks and then we will meet with her to discuss and come up with a behavior management plan. I am hoping it will curb the aggression and his behaviors. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sunday we had our friends, the Einzingers, over for a Super Bowl party. We had lots of yummy food and the adults had fun watching the game while the rest of the kids had fun playing with each other. I even got some Drew lubs so that was fun, too. In preparation for them coming over I had the kids pick up their rooms and make their beds--at least that is what I told them to do. What ended up happening is the kids gathered up anything and everything from their bedroom floors whether it was clean or dirty and tossed it into the laundry room. I didn't realized what they did until I went to go into the laundry room and couldn't even open the door from all the stuff they had piled on the floor. Sigh. Good thing I love them! Hey at least their rooms were clean afterward--I am trying to look on the bright side here--haha!
Sophie has been practicing her pitiful look and pretty much has it mastered. Whenever I am doing stuff around the house she follows me and then curls up by me on the floor. I have tripped over her quite a few times. While she is laying there she watches me with her most pitiful look just like this because she is not getting pets:
What a crazy dog!!
Friday was an unusual night. Daniel had his Klondike campout, Josh had a birthday party, it was Sarah and Noah's turn to have a sleepover at G&G T's house which left just Matthew home until Josh got home late that night. It was so quiet!! The next morning Josh and Matthew actually slept in until 8:30 which is a big deal for them. It was eerily quiet! When you go from a bustling noisy house to nothing it was really strange. Good thing everything was back to normal by Saturday afternoon, though. However, I can say that I didn't miss the fighting....I missed the kids, but not the fighting--haha!
As for Daniel's campout he wasn't very excited to go camp in the cold. However, of all the years to go to the Klondike this would be one of the best ones since it was relatively warm. It only dropped down to 30 degrees that night which is pretty warm for a Klondike. When Josh went I think it dropped down to around 0 degrees so it was a nice time for Daniel to go. Thanks to Daniel's scout leaders we got to see a few pictures of the boys doing all their activities at the Klondike:
Looks like they had a great time. I am always grateful for the leaders to take the boys on such campouts! These things don't sound like a lot of fun to me, but the leaders are able to make it fun for the boys!
Aaron was jealous of Josh's friend's birthday party. Josh's friend is Filipino and she had a huge birthday party with all kinds of people and food. Although Aaron served his mission in Canada there was a huge population of Filipino people in his mission so he really learned to love their food. When he got home there just isn't very many places to find Filipino food. Anyway, when Josh came home from the party and told Aaron all the stuff they had to eat, Aaron got pretty jealous. What can you do?! However, I was glad Josh had a good time and seemed to like the food, too.
Saturday one of my friends had a craft party. They had a whole bunch of options of different crafts you could make. However, I decided I wanted to do my own craft and they people running the party helped me make my custom sign which I love. Here's how it turned out:
Now I have to find a permanent place for it. I love all kinds of quotes and have them all throughout my house. It can make for some busy walls, but it is what I like and have to live with so I guess it's okay. Eclectic style seems to go along with my eclectic personality, right?! Haha!
Last night we had our Enrichment Night or whatever it is called nowadays for Relief Society. Our meeting was about the Living Christ and it was an uplifting night. In addition they also had a 'Cook's Nook' where they have a small cooking segment that is different for each meeting. Last night they asked me to talk about the Instant Pot pressure cooker. I got to demo mine and bring samples to try. I made some mashed potatoes beforehand in one pot and brought that to try out while I made some Macaroni and Cheese during the meeting to show how to work the pot. After the Macaroni and Cheese was done I passed out some more samples. I always worry about cooking for other people whether they will like it or not. I think it went okay because I didn't have any leftovers to bring home after the meeting so that must have been a good sign, right?! I like to cook and experiment with food because it's fun so hopefully that came across in my presentation. I didn't experiment with the stuff I brought last night, though. I just brought the tried and true stuff my family likes so hopefully other people liked it, too. Let me also say that I really love my pressure cooker! It makes things a bit less hectic around dinner time especially if I haven't planned ahead!
For getting first place in the classroom spelling bee Daniel got a coupon for a free kids meal at Pizza Pie Cafe. He has been begging for us to take him for the past two weeks so Aaron finally had some free time and was able to take him Saturday afternoon for his all you can eat lunch. Daniel made the most of it as you can see:
It was the end of the term two weeks ago and Josh did great this past term. He is so proud when he can come home and show off his certificates.
Wahoo Josh!
Speaking of Josh he went running last week and tripped on an uneven sidewalk. He ended up face-planting and got some nice road rash on his chin, nose, elbows and knees--the poor guy. Who knew running could be a dangerous sport?! Luckily, he shook it off and kept going, but it looked painful when he got home. I am just glad he didn't do anything to his teeth because it looked like he fell pretty hard. Hopefully, he won't be attacked by anymore sidewalks in the future--haha!





No comments:
Post a Comment