Here's a few of the things that have happened in the last 10 days. Two weekends ago we took everyone to Lagoon for a fun Saturday. An amazing thing happened....Aaron managed to get Sarah to go on Cannibal. I have tried all summer long to get her to go on that ride, but she outright refused me every single time. I don't know what Aaron did, but he somehow coaxed her to go on that ride. After she got strapped in she started crying because she was so scared. However, after the ride finished she was all smiles. Aaron even got her to go on it a second time. It must be that Daddy charm because she wouldn't even consider riding the ride when I asked all summer long! Here they are in line again:
It was a really hot day so a few of us got a bit wet in the fountain just to cool off. Here Josh, Daniel, Noah and me are playing together:One of the rides we rode was the Sky Tram. Unfortunately, Sarah had some issues getting on the ride so they had to stop the whole ride to help her out. As I looked back to see why the ride had stopped Josh quickly pointed to Sarah to let me know it wasn't him that caused the back up--haha!
Daniel and I both have a fear of heights so we were riding buddies together:
Aaron, Noah and Matthew went first because Noah doesn't like waiting at all.
The first few weeks of school have been going great. It is nice to be on a schedule again. Now that Noah is in kindergarten I have a few mornings a week free which is weird. It is nice, though, because Aaron gets three hours of fitness time off from work every week. One morning a week we meet up and play racquetball. It has been fun to be able to do that. The other mornings last week I got to prepare my lesson for Sunday. I got to teach the Sunday lesson for the combined Young Women. I have taught primary for so long it was weird to try and gear the lesson for teenagers instead of four year olds--haha! Things seemed to go ok Sunday, but I am glad that I don't have to teach again for a while!
My kids have kept me entertained these last few weeks. Josh has been excited about trying out some different clubs at school. The one he was most excited about was called the Lumberjack club. It is a club that meets once a week in the morning in the cafeteria. This club is all about all you can eat pancakes. Josh was all over that. The club didn't meet until 7 am, but Josh was so excited he set his alarm for 5 am. So after he got up and turned on all the lights and made as much noise as he could waking everyone else up in the house I wasn't too happy. He didn't need to get up two hours early! Hopefully, he won't be as eager this week and will be able to sleep for a bit longer because getting everyone up that early was not a pretty sight because by the end of the day everyone was 'Chuckles' or super ornery. I am not a fan of unexpected really early mornings for everyone! Although Josh really did enjoy his pancakes that morning!
I really love ordering stuff online and getting packages delivered! I love this meme because it sums up why I love ordering online:
Anyway, sometimes when I order from Amazon they pack the small item in a really big box. Last week I ordered something that was the size of a deck of cards, but it came in a really big box. Matthew saw the UPS guy drive up and set the package by the door. After he rang the doorbell Matthew ran out to pick up the package. Seeing as it was a small item in a really big box it felt like nothing was inside the box when Matthew picked it up even though there was. This really concerned Matthew so he ran after the driver yelling at him that there was nothing in the box. I had heard what had happened so I had to immediately stop what I was doing and chase after Matthew to stop him from chasing the poor driver who had no idea what Matthew's problem was. Sigh. Luckily, I was able to stop Matthew before he stopped the driver. I think I got a weeks worth of cardio in in those few minutes! You've got to be fast with Matthew around. At least I got my chuckle in for the day. Good thing I love Matthew!
Our poor garden has gotten a bit neglected the last few weeks. Aaron went out to pick a few things and ended up coming back with a ton of peppers. Wow. We gave quite a few away, but were left with quite a few, too. I got pretty creative in incorporating them into many recipes. If you grind them up small enough no one notices--at least my kids didn't which was the most important part.
Someone from Aaron's mission in Canada even came by to pick some up. She currently lives in Bountiful so she didn't come all the way from Canada, but it was fun to meet her. She was in Aaron's first area and always took care of the missionaries. Aaron had fun catching up with her.
Since Noah only has school in the mornings, he is my errand helper in the afternoons. One afternoon I had quite a few errands to run and he was really well behaved for me most of the time. I felt like that deserved an ice cream cone--Noah agreed whole heartedly. I am not a fan of the cone so Noah was more than happy to eat it for me.
I had a dentist appointment last week. Noah had to come along with me, but as long as he got to play on my phone he was a happy camper. However, I was left with my camera full of pictures of these from the Hair Salon game ap:
Let's just say I hope Noah doesn't ever become a hair stylist!! Good news is that I am cavity free. Wahoo!! Aaron's appointment is today so let's hope he can say the same! The bad thing was that he deleted a few of my pictures from my phone that I actually needed. At back to school night I signed up to volunteer in the kids classes. Instead of writing down the information I took a picture of it because it was just easier that way. Unfortunately, Noah deleted those pictures while he was playing on my phone during my appointment. I had to go and talk to the teachers this morning to see what times I had signed up for. I was a bit embarrassed, but what can you do?
Last week Daniel's class had a field trip to Antelope Island that I got to volunteer for. They got to ride the bus out there and learn about the ecosystems around the area. The kids were split into groups of four. I got four boys, but we had fun together. Here they are building a mock watershed out of natural supplies they found laying around:
It was so windy that I stole Daniel's hat to cover my hair with so it wouldn't be in my face the whole day. Good thing he didn't mind. It was a fun trip and I am glad I was able to go.
While I was grocery shopping the other day I ran across these Seltzers. I hadn't seen these since I was a little kid. I LOVED these so I bought two so my kids could have a taste. Come to find out Aaron loved these, too, when he was a little kid. It was fun to drink again and to let the kids try them, too.
Yesterday, Labor Day, we spent the day at Lagoon as a family. It was a beautiful day that wasn't too hot or too cold. It was busy, but we still had fun. One of Matthew's favorite rides is the Terror Ride, but Sarah absolutely HATES it. Since we are learning about compromise Sarah rode the ride, but spent the whole time with her eyes and ears covered so she wouldn't be scared.
Matthew spent the whole time trying to talk to everyone in line and the Lagoon employees. Holy cow that kid can talk!!
Throughout the day we would split up because Noah isn't tall enough to ride all the rides. While Sarah and Noah were riding a ride I got to see Aaron, Josh, Matthew and Daniel ride the Colossus.
Oh I loved those drinks too! Bryan and I were just mentioning them a few weeks ago to the kids. Funny that they are back out! We even googled it to show a picture to the kids of the cool skyline labels. Are the labels still that thin foam that you can peel back in little pieces? :)
ReplyDelete