We had a pretty busy week last week. I will just add some of the highlights. Tuesday Noah had an Easter Egg hunt at his preschool. He was so excited to come home and show me all his goodies. I am a little embarrassed to say that he did have treats for lunch that day, but he loved it. He even got to make his own Easter basket, too.
Wednesday was especially crazy. It all started when the kids got home from school. Between piano lessons, dance, scouts, dinner, basketball and young women's Aaron and I were busy. That evening I had my first planned young women's personal progress activity that I was in charge of. That meant Aaron had to do the pick ups and drop offs from scouts to basketball by himself since I had to be at the church at the exact same time. Daniel had his very last basketball game that night and even made the very first basket--wahoo!! Anyway, with me I had been pretty stressed out about planning this first combined activity. Thankfully, things went pretty smoothly. We did a flip the coin activity where all of us got into cars and drove to the Jr. High parking lot. By flipping a coin at all intersections we tried to get back to the church. Needless to say it didn't work out. After 20 minutes we all came back to the church where we had a lesson about choices. All the girls got a chance to pick some cookies before the lesson started. Half of the cookies were on a very fancy china plate the other half were laid out on a nasty paper towel. Well the cookies on the nice plate were nasty salty and the cookies on the paper towel were tasty. That represented how Satan can make bad choices look very appealing, but it is not always what it seems. Hopefully, this lesson showed how we shouldn't leave our choices up to chance or the flip of a coin because we won't get very good results. All the girls were able to pass of a Choice and Accountability experience--Wahoo! The next morning Noah had a field trip to the Treehouse Children's Museum in Ogden with his preschool. They started the field trip by letting the kids put on a partici-play--which is a play that the audience gets to participate in as well as the actors which were some of the preschoolers. Noah got to have a small part as a dog which he loved:
After the play they let the kids go and explore the museum. We started out in the percussion room. Noah played on all the instruments especially the xylophones and drums:
Then we went to the mock café where Noah fixed me all kinds of yummy plastic food:
We also got to check out the crank and roll exhibit where you wheel up foam blocks and watch them slide down the rollers back down to the bottom again:
We got to see the baby hospital where you could dress up like a doctor to take care of the babies:
Noah loved the fire engine:
He even took me for a drive:
At the end of our visit they did another partici-play which Noah got to be the dog again.
On the way out Noah tried his hand at the Sword in the Stone:
That was a really fun field trip. I am so glad I was able to go with him.
The next morning happened to be my birthday. I was awakened to an awesome surprise--breakfast in bed by my kids. Wow, what a breakfast it was. They fixed me some Doritos Cool Ranch chips, a dirty Diet Dr. Pepper, some cereal and milk, four pieces of toast, two hard boiled eggs and some chocolate pie. It was quite the breakfast which, let me add, was not a typical one for me--good thing I had five hungry mouths to feed that helped me eat all that food.
Josh even packed all the school lunches for me which was awesome. I loved my start to the day! The rest of the day was pretty ordinary, but it was nice to have a quiet day since the rest of the week had been so busy. That afternoon Noah even cuddled up with me and fell asleep on me. This doesn't happen very often anymore so I savored it:
Matthew was so excited about my birthday that he used his class money to buy me a present at school. He picked out a Hot Wheels soap dispenser for me. He was so excited to give it to me, too. I loved it. For dinner Aaron took us out to Pizza Pie Café. It was an extra present not only did I not have to cook I didn't have to hear any complaining because everyone got to eat whatever they wanted from the buffet! Sa-Weet!!
Noah really loved his noodles and sauce:After dinner Sarah got snuggles from dad while they waited for everyone else to finish their food. She has Dad WRAPPED around her little finger for sure!:
When we got home Aaron brought out the birthday cake. That's a lot of candles!
Josh loved all the food that he made sure he tasted everything. However, it backfired on him when after eating all that pizza, pasta, cake and ice cream he ended up filling his tummy too full and threw it up. YUCK!! What a crazy kid! Anyway, the kids get so excited for my birthday that it gets me excited for it, too. I had a pretty good day and I love my family!
Friday was also Bend the Rules Day at the elementary school. It is a fund raiser they do every year. The kids all had five choices of rules they could bend for a dollar each--chew gum, extra 5 minutes for recess, wear pajamas to school, wear crazy hair, or drink a soda with lunch. Or for an additional 5 dollars they could be principal of the school for 5 minutes. Josh didn't want to participate, but Sarah and Daniel did. Sarah wore pajamas to school and Daniel chewed gum. However, at the end of the day Josh offered me some words of advice. He told me, "Never ask someone if they did crazy hair day unless you know for sure." I guess he asked a girl at school if she wore her hair crazy for crazy hair day--the bad thing was she hadn't. Poor girl! I hope Josh really learned that lesson!
The next day was opening day at Lagoon. The kids were so excited to try out our season passes that they got for Christmas. Here we are waiting in line waiting for the park to open:
Our very first ride was the Terror Ride which wasn't Sarah's favorite. She didn't even open her eyes during the whole ride.
Josh and Daniel went together--the crazies:The next ride was for Sarah, Daniel and Noah since the rest of us were too tall. It was only those three on the whole ride, too. It was the bumper cars, but Noah got very angry whenever anyone ran into him. It was pretty funny to listen to him.
Next the older kids wanted to go on the bigger coasters so Noah and I tried out some of the kiddie rides together:
The Carousel:
At the end of our short visit we promised Matthew we would ride the train ride. Noah grabbed Sarah and made sure Sarah was going to go on the ride with him. What a cute brother:
While we were at Lagoon Josh made for some entertainment, but not on purpose. While we were walking from one ride to another Josh was trying to talk to me. He said something to me that I didn't hear so I asked him to repeat it. I didn't hear or understand what he said again so he repeated himself yet again. Since I didn't hear it a third time he really yelled it to make sure I heard it the fourth time. However, it wasn't the best thing to say. (Just for background he has been learning about the civil rights movement in school.) He said or I should say he yelled, "I BET WHEN LAGOON OPENED THEY DIDN'T LET THE BLACK PEOPLE IN!" Well I definitely heard what he said that time and I think half the park did, too. It was a very innocent comment, but not unless you knew the background behind it. We got a few interesting looks to say the least. Oh well, what can you do?! Josh entertained us again while we were waiting in line for the train ride. He saw a guy with a mullet hair cut. He pointed to him while he said a little too loudly, "HEY MOM AND DAD! BUSINESS IN THE FRONT PARTY IN THE BACK!" Luckily, the guy didn't hear, but everyone else around us did. Oh Sigh--at least kids keep things interesting!
That afternoon we had a family party to celebrate all the March birthdays at our house since there is only four days between my birthday, my Dad's birthday and my sister's birthday. It was nice to have the cousins play together and have some adult conversation. After the party we headed over to check out the progress on my parent's new home. It's coming along. Hopefully in the next few months they will be able to move in since they really don't like living in a small apartment.
Sunday at church the primary sang to Noah and Josh for their birthdays. They also got their birthday presents which is a picture frame holding a picture of the kids looking at Jesus that says, "If the Savior stood beside me...". I think they turned out pretty neat:
Spring Break started this week. Wow it has been crazy. Monday I took all the kids to the theater to see Night at the Museum part 3. They all liked it.
That night for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on missionaries and missionary work. We then wrote letters to my nephew Taylor who is currently serving in Brazil on a mission.
Noah even got into the action by writing Taylor's name all by himself. Pretty good for a preschooler!
The other day Noah was turning on the charm for the neighbor girls. He really does know how to turn on the charm, too--just ask Grandma and Grandpa T!
They have started building the new houses in our backyard. Occasionally Aaron and I will walk over to check them out. Noah loves to go with us, but he spends most of the time playing in the dirt or climbing in the huge dirt mounds. That kid is 100% boy for sure!!
Sounds like a wonderful birthday, no cooking, no cleaning up and no complaining! Taylor will love the letters you all wrote.
ReplyDeleteWhat?! When did Taylor get old enough to go on a mission?! That totally just blew my mind. And aged me. But that is awesome!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a great birthday - it sounds like a nice one! Wish I could celebrate with you!!!