This last week went by pretty fast. It was Pack Meeting for Cub Scouts this week. Daniel earned his Wolf and received it this past week. Here's the pinning ceremony. I am proud to show off all three Wolf pins of my older boys so far.
Here's Daniel picking out his cheesy cub scout cheer:I was at Walmart the other day and ran into Erin our fellow Ute Rival. When I went out to my car to put the groceries away I found it had been vandalized! Good thing I saw it before I drove it around!!
Thanks a lot Erin--haha!!
The kids actually got Halloween off from school so they did all their parades and parties on Thursday, October 30 instead. Here's the kids doing their costume parade. Josh was a red ninja:
Sarah was Rapunzel:
Daniel was a Viking:
After all the classes finished their parades, the first grade put on a Halloween program in the gym. Of course Aaron and I chose to sit on the opposite side of where Sarah ended up sitting. DOH!! Oh well I did get a few good glimpses of Sarah, though.
They did a bunch of songs and poems about Halloween. It was so fun to watch. To try and get a better picture of Sarah Aaron tried to get a bit closer, but could only get the back of her head. When I tried to video her, I got Aaron in the background trying to video her, too.
It was such a nice day they were able to do their Halloween program outside in the park. They did a bunch of Halloween songs:
They were so cute:
Here's Noah's teacher Miss Sarah. She has been great!
Here's a picture from that mornings party:
When Noah was going through his loot when we got home he found these purple vampire teeth that he insisted on wearing the rest of the day:
That afternoon when the kids got home from school we started carving our pumpkins. We were a little late in getting the pumpkin carving started this year, but better late then never, right?!
When Aaron came home from work he jumped right in to help he de-gut the pumpkins:
Each kid got to design two pumpkins and then I tried to carve them the best I could. Here's the end result:
After carving pumpkins Aaron had to go out that evening for a meeting. While it was just me and the kids I tried to talk them into watching a scary movie since it was Halloween time. I turned on a Goosebumps movie which is geared for kids, however, Daniel, Noah and Sarah watched all of 5 minutes of the beginning before they absolutely refused to watch any more of it. It was too scary. We ended up watching an episode of Psych instead which is still a mystery, but with lots of humor to counteract the scariness of it. Close enough to a scary movie, right?!
The next morning, Halloween day, there were lots of fun things going on. Thankfully, it was Aaron's Friday off from work so he was able to come along with us. We got the kids dressed up in their costumes and headed over to Krispie Kreme Donuts. You got a free donut of your choice if you were dressed in a costume. The kids had a hard time deciding which donut they wanted, but they finally did make up their minds. Here the kids are waiting in line watching the donuts come down the conveyor belt:
Yummy! It was so nice Daniel could eat a donut right along with the rest of his siblings since he can have milk now. It was awesome!
Next, a restaurant called Warrens offered free kids meals to kids in costume so we headed there for lunch. The place was so busy that we had to all squeeze into a small booth which Daniel was not too happy about, but what can you do?!
Since it was so busy it took them about 45 minutes to get us our food. In the meantime Noah took down a few fry sauce cups so when his food finally came he wasn't even hungry for it--the crazy kid!
After lunch we headed over to the grocery store who was having a fun trick or treat throughout the store. The kids got some chocolate milk, string cheese, candy, etc. Again I have to say what a great thing getting Daniel over this milk allergy has been because he was able to get everything everyone else was getting!
After that we headed over to Sweet Tooth Fairy to get some free cupcakes. However, by this time all of us were completely sugared out so we just brought them home to eat later.
Later that night it was time for the trick or treating. Here's the excited trick or treaters--Rapunzel (Sarah), Shark (Noah), Red Ninja (Josh), Viking (Daniel), and a train conductor (Matthew):
Matthew, Sarah and Noah were done after going around the neighborhood. Josh and Daniel wanted more so we headed out to do the next neighborhood where Josh's piano teacher lived. We got a good walk in and a candy stash that will hopefully last us a while :). By the end my pedometer said that I had taken over 11,000 steps that day. Hopefully that will help counteract some of the candy I had eaten. We also take the 'Parent Tax' very seriously at our house much to the kids' chagrin. Hey, we as parents have to work pretty hard to get that candy, too, with getting the costumes and makeup and everything else put together :).
G&G T came along with us. Grandpa T stayed with Aaron to help hand out the candy at the house. Grandma T came along with me to help me herd all the kids along.
Matthew wanted to talk to everyone at every house we went to while the rest of the kids kept running ahead to the next house. It was good there were two of us because we had a hard time keeping all the kids together! By the end Noah's 'toes and shoes' were too tired to go on so I had to carry him for a bit. Wow, he is getting heavy! Thankfully, he did start walking again for the last part because my arms were about to fall off from carrying him. We had a fun night though and it made it even better because it was 70 degrees outside so it was a beautiful night!
The next day we didn't do too much. I think everyone was in a sugar coma except Matthew. Later on that evening we had some friends over for dinner and games. It was fun even if we did have to watch part of the U of U football game since our friends were fans. That's ok. We had pizza for dinner and we didn't have to get Daniel anything different to eat since he can have pizza now. I know I keep saying how great it is to have him over this milk allergy, but it is wonderful. He even is starting to like pizza which is even better! It was fun night even if the kids didn't get to bed until 1 am. The next day at church wasn't nearly as fun, though, because everyone was so grouchy, but it was worth it.
I love the artwork elementary kids do. Daniel brought home his body he had made in school. He even drew on a BYU shirt which Aaron is proud about.
On the flip side is the skeleton so they could see where all the bones went inside the body. Daniel was so excited to show us when he got home. I love it!
I love the body/skeleton thing. Nate would be super impressed. It sounds like you kept busy for Halloween! The costumes look great & I'm glad we aren't the only ones with a parent tax! :)
ReplyDeleteAlso - thank you for all your thoughts & prayers. We knew it would happen some day, but it still sucked (for us). I am very grateful for eternal families & know I can see her again someday. I will just miss her until then! Love you guys!!