Last week was the kids 6 month dentist visit. The last two visits Noah has done really well with letting them clean his teeth and do the fluoride treatment. I think it helps to see his older siblings get worked on because he jumps right up in the chair after they get out and lets the dental assistant/hygienist work on him.
Sarah likes going to see the dentist, too. However, her permanent teeth on the bottom of her mouth were right at the surface, but couldn't come through her gums because her baby teeth were in the way. They decided to pull out two baby teeth to make room for her permanent teeth to come in.Here's the before:
Here's the after. I can already tell this girl will need some heavy duty orthodontia eventually because her mouth is so tiny, but for now we are good.
She was so excited to put her teeth out for the Tooth Fairy that night. Unfortunately, the TF forgot to come. For the next night Sarah made the TF a note to make sure she knew where to pick up the teeth. The note said, "Tooths are these." Funny girl! Luckily, she came that night so Sarah was happy to see her money in the bowl the next morning. Look at how long the roots are on those baby teeth! They were not anywhere close to being ready to come out of her mouth. It's a good thing we got them pulled.
Matthew had a small cavity that needed to be filled. They took him back and started him on some nitrous oxide which made him very loopy--poor kid. He had a hard time focusing his eyes on me when I came to check on him. He did really well getting the filling done--it probably helped that he was so loopy. I wonder if I could get some nitrous oxide for some home use...haha.
No one else had any cavities so they will all get put in the month end drawing and hopefully they can win a prize!
Also last week was Noah and Josh's well child appointments with the pediatrician. Josh is so tall! He is 5' 2" which is in the 96th percentile on the growth curve. He weighs 85.1 pounds which is in the 43rd percentile. His BMI is 23% which is on the lower end of normal. He's just really tall and skinny. Noah weighs 35.1 pounds (43rd percentile), and is 40" tall (3ft 4 inches) which is in the 44 percentile. His BMI is 45% which is just perfect. He's turning out to be a little guy, but that's ok. Josh ended up needing two immunizations which he wasn't too happy about, but he didn't get upset when they gave the shots to him. With Noah since we delayed immunizations we are trying to play catch up to make sure he gets them all before kindergarten. That meant he had to get 5 shots at the end of the visit. Noah was oblivious as to what was going on. I helped him lay down and the nurse held his legs. He was all smiles until he felt the first shot stick in his leg. He then came unglued and screamed. Luckily, they did the shots really fast so I could give him lubs. He was so upset by the shots. He cried and gave me a tongue lashing about them all the way back to the car saying, "IIIIIII DDDDDIIIIIIDDDDD NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT LLLLLLLIIIIIIIKKKKKKKEEEEEE TTTTHHHHAAAATTTT MMMMMMOOOOMMMMMMMM!!" I felt bad, but it is for the best poor guy:
To help make things happier we went for ice cream afterward. Sarah was getting out of school about that time so we picked her up and brought her along with us. Josh was a little bothered by that because in his own words he said, "She didn't get any shots, Mom!" Oh well, Josh wasn't about to turn down a chance for ice cream, though.
Ice cream can make everything better:
It does tend to make one freezing, though.
Sarah got a pair of sunglasses a bit ago and loves them. She wears them every chance she gets. The other night I went to check on her before I went to bed and found her just like this:
What a funny girl!
Friday night we had some friends over--the Einzingers. It was so much fun. All the kids have a playmate close to their same ages so it's fun for everyone. The kids partied hard and ended up all passing out around midnight. It was a fun night, but the kids the next day were 'Chuckles'. Oh well it was worth it.
Saturday we spent another LONG day doing yard work. Aaron had to get the sprinkler system fixed while I had to put out mulch, pull weeds and plant a few more plants. As we were finishing up Sarah asked if she could ride her bike. Well her princess bike had flat tires and the little bike's training wheels were broken. Sarah still said she wanted to ride a bike so Aaron let her try out the little bike with no training wheels. Surprisingly enough she could ride it pretty well on her first few tries. She kept her balance pretty well. She did have some problems with steering (she ran into the garbage cans, basketball post, fence, cars, etc.), but with some practice she got a lot better. She was one determined little girl, too. Even after multiple falls and crashes she still got up and insisted on trying some more. By the end of Sunday evening she was doing pretty well.
As for the yard work it seems it is never ending. Even after spending all day Saturday outside, we still have a mountain of things left to do. I spent the majority of Saturday bent over either by pulling weeds, putting down mulch or planting things. Unfortunately I must have done most of that work with an unknown plumbers crack because when I came inside to change my clothes when we were done working I felt the all too familiar sting of a sunburn on my um......lower back. It is one funny sunburn line and really burnt. OUCH!! I feel bad for my neighbors who happened to see me like that. Whoops!
It was such a beautiful day Sunday that we decided to have a BBQ in the backyard. Aaron made and cooked 14 hamburger patties (or hangaburger according to Noah) and we also fired up the fire pit and opened a package of hot dogs to cook over the flame. Holy cow the kids went to town. By the end of dinner we only had two hamburger patties left and no hot dogs. Aaron and I only had one hamburger a piece so the kids ate everything else. It was crazy. After dinner we all sat around the fire for a bit. Aaron had some fun with Noah and let Noah try to blow the fire out. It was funny to watch:
Soccer ended last week. We get a week long break until T-Ball starts up this week. Aaron is team coaching Daniel's team along with the same guy as the last two years. Practice starts Wednesday and Daniel's excited.
Yesterday we had the chance to attend my sister Johanna's ward for church. Her husband, Burke, was made the new bishop of their ward. We wanted to attend to show our support on such a big thing. It was also nice because it was early church instead of 1 pm church which meant the kids and Aaron and I got to have some quiet time when we came home--wahoo! As for the new bishop calling I think the transition will go smoothly and everything will work out the way it's supposed to. I can only imagine how overwhelming everything would be....
Two weeks ago I got a coupon for Gordman's store. I needed a new skirt so I took Matthew and we went to see what they had. I picked up this skirt and was carrying it around when Matthew asked me quite loudly so that everyone around us could hear, "Mom are we picking out your jail clothes?" All because the skirt was black and white striped. I laughed a bit when he said it because he is so honest and forthright in what he says. Hopefully the other shoppers didn't really think I was really going to jail......I liked the skirt enough that I ended up getting it even though it makes me look like I should be in jail.
This morning started out a bit crazy. Matthew brings home his PE clothes every Friday afternoon to get washed over the weekend. Matthew pesters us all weekend long to wash them. Well Aaron through them in the wash Sunday night and forgot about them. When it came time this morning to gather all his school stuff up my heart sank when I realized his wet clothes had never been transferred from the washer to the dryer--DOH!! Matthew was pretty agitated that he didn't have his clothes to bring with him to school. I promised him I would wash them and dry them then bring them to school for him. The clothes finished getting washed and dried this time so I went and dropped them off. Matthew wasn't in his classroom when I dropped them off so I hope he sees them when he returns, if not his teacher will have a full blown meltdown on her hands around 5th period when Matthew has PE.....Also last week we forgot to put out our trash cans for trash pick up day. After all our yard work on Saturday our trash cans are filled and slightly overflowing and all the trashes in the house need to be emptied, too. DOH!! Luckily Aaron called up the trash people this morning and they said they would come by and pick it up special for us. They haven't come yet, but I hope it's soon because our trash cans overfloweth in the house!! I hope this isn't a sign of how the rest of the week is going to go....
I really like the skirt! You would be the best dressed prisoner EVER! :) I hope Daniel's testing went well - we'll be praying!! Also, feel free to send Sarah our way to teach Ryker how to ride a bike! :)
ReplyDeleteI think Sarah is her mother's daughter. Never give up.
ReplyDelete