I am really behind so I will try to catch up within the next two posts. Three weeks ago Sarah started running a fever. It started on a Wednesday and stayed around. I was a little concerned, but not too much since it was only around 101 degrees. However, that Saturday morning it jumped up to 104.2 and her eyes were bloodshot, she had a rash all over, her fingers were puffy and her lips were also red and peeling. That scared me because all those symptoms were the same symptoms she had before with Kawasaki Disease. We called the pediatrician and explained her history and her symptoms and they told us to just go straight down to Primary Children's ER so that's how Sarah and I spent the majority of our day. Doesn't she just look terrible!:
I HATE high fevers! They are so scary!!With her history of Kawasaki Disease they decided to do an echocardiogram and to draw blood. Thankfully, everything still looked normal on the echocardiogram. Can't you see how excited she is to do this again?:
After reviewing her bloodwork, it showed one inflammatory marker was still pretty high, but the others had gone down. They didn't think it was Kawasaki Disease again so after a long day in the ER they sent us home and told me to keep an eye on her. Sunday evening her fever broke and Monday morning she woke up with a temp of 99 which is good enough for school. She went to school Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, however, when she came home Wednesday afternoon she spiked another 103 degree fever. Bleh!! Poor thing:
I don't know what to do with this girl!! She is making me nervous. However, the fever stayed around through Friday night. Saturday morning Aaron I were woken up by a nice surprise (not so nice since it was 6:30 am on a Saturday morning) but it was still sweet. Josh, Daniel and Matthew had made us breakfast in bed. We had bowls of cereal and zucchini bread--yum.
It even came with this sweet note:
The inside said, "From Josh and Daniel. Thank you for taking care of us. We really like it. We will always love you no matter what."
They had different displays set up and then they also had a window corner you could look at the birds on the refuge with binoculars.
We checked out the museum and measured the kids arm length against different birds' wingspans. In looking at Matthew's picture he is getting so tall:
Noah was just trying to do everything Daniel did. There were quite a few birds to see.
They had a nature walk with a backpack you could check out to go on the walk with you. Inside the backpack was a pair of binoculars, two nets, two magnifying glasses and a information sheet on the different types of clouds. It was fun. Daniel loved the binoculars:Noah loved the magnifying glass:
Aaron even caught a fish with the net.
It was a tiny fish, but he caught it nonetheless which he was pretty proud of. We put it inside the magnifying box so the kids could check it out. Afterward we let it go back in the water and, yes, it was still alive.
After checking everything out we went on the refuge drive to see the migratory swans. There were a bunch of them, but they were all far away from the road. I tried to take a picture, but they didn't show up in it. However, they were there.
I am glad to say Sarah has not had a high fever for 5 days which has to be some kind of record as of late!! Hopefully, it stays that way. Like I said, I really don't know what to do with that girl!!
No comments:
Post a Comment